Avalanche Build "nighttime" More Videos 6-15

Well after about 3 weeks after having my 2 DC Lvl 3 12's I wanted more. I have decided to go with 3 15's all off my SAZ 1500. Wanted to try something different with midgate this time.

Started fiberglass mold of midgate today between mowing and cleaning the gutters.

(digital camera was in wifes car crappy cell pics)

Posted Image

Taped off

Posted Image

After 3 layers of mat I was able to pull off mold... adding 4th layer here First layer inside

Posted Image

The reason the middle is open is because thats where the subs will be. Its kinda hard to explain its just a idea going through my head right now.

Still very new to fiberglass any hints or tip are welcome.

Rebuild coming soon

off to a good start... i would put fiberglassin somewhere in the topic title so gp2k2 or lsn2meboom916 or coogle or some of our other glassin pros can stop by and give some tips

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

off to a good start... i would put fiberglassin somewhere in the topic title so gp2k2 or lsn2meboom916 or coogle or some of our other glassin pros can stop by and give some tips

Done and thanks for the heads up

Rebuild coming soon

• 2 weeks later...

Well I changed my mind again on subs Ended up with 2 Sundown Nightshade 15's. Got them today and started the box and new midgate. I swear the pictures do no justice for the subs, they are huge. I am sure everyone has seen pics but here are some more. Buddy of mine had to hold the subs cause they seem to want to stand up on their own.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now my fiberglass midgate is a little more time consuming than I thought but here is the progress. Here is how I plan on attaching the midgate to the box. Box shown with bottom not attached, midgate is also second baffle.

Posted Image

I attached the two boards to the fiberglass midgate.

Posted Image

using drywall screws with rubber washers.

Posted Image

Now time to seal up around the edges.

Posted Image

Then glass. This is about 7 layers of mat.

Posted Image

I still have a lot of work left to do.

Rebuild coming soon

looking real good bro.

are those baskets polished or chrome?? they kinda look like it from a couple of angles, thats a beefy asss motor.

Chrome on face and left side, and brushed on right side. So depends how you look at it.

Rebuild coming soon

sweet. thanks for getting back to me so quickly, those are some badass lookin subz, give us a review of them after the get all broke in please.

Archived