Not so regular cab Chevy - Back in business

Well I have just gotten around to starting the log though ive done all of this within the last 2 weeks other than the truck window comming out, that all happened today. The story behind my madness, this truck is my grandmas but she gave it to me since she cannot drive anymore, i wanted to do a blowthrough but my dad doesnt want it to have a big hole in it, it only has 83,XXX miles on it and incase we want to sell it or something idk. So i worked with him and we came up with a modified blowthrough.... On with the pics!

Posted Image

My truck with the "turtle" shell on it as my friends say

Posted Image

Posted Image

Camper window out

Posted Image

Now you see it...

Posted Image

Now you dont!

Posted Image

OH NOES!!!

Posted Image

oh well nothing a little posterboard template wont fix. I work at the university of south carolina and have access to their machine shop and extra metal and lexan/plexi they happen to have laying around :) Ill have 2 of these fabbed outta aluminum tomorrow and ill rivet/seal it into place then put the boot on the rest of the way.

Posted Image

2-15" DC Audio LV3 powered by a Sundown Audio 1500 :)

Posted Image

Birch double baffle recessed

Posted Image

The beginnings of the box, youll see why it is designed this way later. But right now it is at 7.1 cubes net, ~34 Hz, 103.5 inches of port area

Posted Image

Fiberglass for some extra strength

Posted Image

Damn thats a sexy rear end :-P

Posted Image

Amp mounted to back wall

Posted Image

Everything soldered

Posted Image

Start of big three. I have 2 batteries stock from the factory so hence the unusally huge amount of wire/fuses for a big three, i added 1/0 for every single stock wire i could find for the charging system. Btw its KnuKonceptz Fleks cable.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Like this on each side both driver and passenger

Posted Image

All done and engine running.

So gimme some feedback and i expect criticism cuz of such a weird setup but thats okay... And ill get updated pics of the box later in the week when i dont have to work night job.

-BS

looks good to me. so you did 2 runs of 1/0 right?

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

looks good to me. so you did 2 runs of 1/0 right?

No one run connects the batteries together and one run goes to the alternator. The connecting + run is fused on both ends, each run from each batt is fused. You actually cant see my run from the batt to the amp in any of those pics lol. But no not yet. I plan to upgrade to another 1500 and LV4's in the future maybe after my freshmen year of college (this year). So when i upgrage i will do 2 runs probably along with a batt or two in the rear. Ordering iraggi alt the first of the month.

-BS

lmfao!

... looks good Brett, keep the pics coming!

You know i will... Just not as fast as you demand you freakin pic whore. How about this, even though i work 2 jobs, the day you get your alt installed is the day i post more pics :-D

-BS

Looks good!

what are the fuse holders on the batt?

They are audiopipe.. found them on ebay for pretty cheap. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=130065430775

They fuse my big 3. The wire connecting the batts in paralell and the run from each batt to the alternator

-BS

Archived