Chris's 2002 Ranger Build

This Truck belongs my best buddy chris, he is also the owner of the 91 hatch with 2 18" BTLs with 10,000 rms, as well as the 05 BMW 525i, and the 05 Duramax. This is another one of his vehicle's, its an 02 ext. cab ranger edge. this is the temp setup that we just finished. Trust me there are much bigger and better things to come from this truck, not just system wise but all around. anyways on with the pics.........

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We decided to try Agathis for this build, ive been wanting to try birch for awhile but since this is only and temp box we didnt want to waste the money. anyways i posted a thread about this a few weeks ago and after talking with people decided to go ahead and try it. It was $36 a sheet compared to 3/4 mdf which is $29 at home depot, and let me tell you it was worth every penny. FU#$ MDF i will never use it again. This stuff is about 1/2 the weight of mdf and just as strong if not stronger. the coolest thing i liked about it was that it made normal sawdust instead of "mdf dust" that gets in your lungs and floats around and gets all over everything within and 50ft. radius. any ways very pleased with the wood this is now going to be my substitute for mdf.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

to reduce standing waves in the box.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

raged up

Posted Image

Posted Image

sanded

Posted Image

primed

Posted Image

1st layer of laquer

Posted Image

4th and final layer, yes its completly dry and extremely shinny

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

on the way to chris's work to carpet it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

oh ya those are 12" Boston G3's, being pushed by 2 alpine MRP-M850's and there Sealed in 6 cubes after displacment, and god damn those bitches get down. This is the First real sealed box ive ever built and i was really pleased. before being pushed with the same power ported(about 400 rms a piece) the subs would heat up pretty good after a few mins. we pounded those bitches for about a half hour strait and they literally felt cold. They respond very very low and are way louder than i thought they would get if we ported it. for only about 1500rms and 4 12's sealed they move a serious amount of air. wish i could have got some vids. maybe chris can get a couple and post up :D ??

heres a few more pics of the bmw beauty panel. you can see it alot better than in the buil log which is located below in my sig.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Archived