Nightshade's Focus ZX3 build

I recently got rid of my Nightshade 12's and stepped up to a pair of Nightshade 15's. I'm planning on a very loud daily with them and also bassracing in the 139.9 and playing around in 149.9 some. The best burp score I got out of the 12's was a 149.7 on the dash sealed and I'm hoping for a 151 to start on my new box. Here's a rundown of the equiptment that I'm using for the 2009 season:

Head unit: Pioneer deh-p6000ub

Component speakers: Kicker RS65.2 comps

High's amp: Cerwin Vega EXL400.4

Subs: 2 Sundown Audio Nightshade 15's

Sub amps: 2 Sundown Audio saz1500d's

Batteries: Up front a Deka Intimidator G34, and in back a XS Power D3100

Wiring: 2 runs of Kicker Hyperflex, also some Knu Koncepts in the rear for wiring

I'm going to do a build log of the box and cleaning up of the wiring that I have now. All I have right now for pictures is the subs, and also some of the supplies that I have. I'm going to get wood tomorrow so I can get started on this beast of an enclosure cause I've got no bass right now.

The enclosure is very similar to the one that Soberbills just did. Go figure cause I designed both of them :) I'm also going to do a simple double baffle and not planning on any countersinking at all. The box is going to be covered with resin inside and out and 45's in every corner.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More to come tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Nice Zack....Lookin forward to seeing this. :good:

2x those are gonna bang hard GEZZZ!

those are beefy as hell... are they regular nightshades? i dont remeber them looking that mean...

tuned in to this build :help:

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

2x those are gonna bang hard GEZZZ!

those are beefy as hell... are they regular nightshades? i dont remeber them looking that mean...

tuned in to this build :help:

Yeah these are the stock Nightshade motors. They are different than most Nightshades out there. They have the black baskets on them instead of the chrome ones. Also the spiders are different then the old one with more nomex in them. My subs are only 3 spiders since I'm only going to be having around 2k watts on a burp for each sub. These Nightshades also have 50 mm coils instead of the origional stock ones of 42 mm and the long coils which are 56 mm. These were built for efficiency and to get loud. If I add more power down the road I'm betting that 153-154 is possible in my no wall setup that I'm doing. If anyone is interested in a demo I'll be in High Point, NC on March 1st at the 3X NSPL event at Eastgate Electronics. I'll also be in Glen Burnie, MD on April 18th for the Db Drag 2X event there.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

hey zack

whats the duct tape for?

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

hey zack

whats the duct tape for?

Charles the duct tape is for the ports. It's actually gorilla tape and it's so I don't have to glue the aeroports together. I can just tape them and reuse them later.

hell yeah cant wait man, think you'll be done before high point??

Yeah man, I'll be done sometime this week. I was hoping to be done tomorrow, but it's my wife's birthday and I have to spend some time with her. It should be done by the weekend for sure.

I got some build pics uploading right now. I'll post them in a few.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Okay here are the pics that I snapped from today.

Lowes cut my wood FTL!!! I had to go home and break out the table saw and fix er up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some titebond ftw.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I had to break out the jig saw. My router broke over a year ago and I haven't replaced it yet. I still cut pretty damn good holes for a jig saw though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I love this pic. I brought the box inside cause I live in an apartment complex and all I have is a storage closet and a porch. I didn't want to leave the box outside. I'm not a very tiny guy either. I'm about 6 feet tall and I just wanted to show how big this box actually was.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is where it sits for now. I'm going to do a litte work tomorrow. I still need to start cutting the dowel rod for bracing. I'll do the second baffle after that. The it'll be ready for some sanding to round over the corners. Finally I'll start to resin the whole thing and do my 45's out of resin in each corner.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Archived