Obi's Lincoln LS Build 4 XL15's 8kw UPDATE/ New suspension IN!

Go to Page 5 for updated version of build

Plans to play music at mid 50's or just have a ridiculously loud groundpounder!

This has been a very slow process. Just finally decided to post some pics up. Well first to show the equipment. I dont have everything yet but this is what I do have and what I've done so far. Im only able to work on this when I get off work and on weekends. So I don't get to much time on it.

Headunit- Eclipse AVN5510 w/ Nav

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pic of the BackUp Cam. The one Eclipse makes

Posted Image

Subs- For now 2 DC SoundLab Level 4XL 15's. Finally plan is to have 6 in but I might have to get them in 12's if airspace is to tight. (Clamshell will be built by David from DAT)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Look at the Size difference (15in Lvl 4xl vs 12 CVX)

Posted Image

Heres a what happens when you run a pair of CVX's off a Sundown 2k.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And now I wasn't clippin they just couldn't handle getting almost 2x the RMS! lol

Amps- 6 Sundown Audio SAZ 2000.1's and 2 Sundown Audio SAX. 100.4's

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Alt- DC Power Inc 270XP. 200 amps at Idle! Same one the Kyle has.

Posted Image

Wiring- Knukonceptz Kolossus Flex 1/0 and some Knukonceptz 4awg (Not all wiring will be strictly Knukonceptz)

Posted Image

And some pics of the car.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have some more but I going to go eat, So I'll get back to posting here ina bit.

ahhh i hate you!!! you just messaged me, and you didnt tell me you were starting this build!?!?!? i see how it is :friends: cant wait to see this thing, and i got first reply :P

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

looking promising mang. ill be watching this monster in the making :D

yeah, i went to the forum and saw OBIs lincoln ls install, i was like isnt obi...?... then i was all excited lol, then i was like, wtf y didnt he tell me he started this lol, u never did send me them pics of what you had before, i guess you can post them here as the before pics, but if ur embarassed, you can just send them ;) and thats crazy davids gonna help you with the clamshell, he's all over the place, tell him he needs to build me one too! haha (same as yours, but better ;))

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

looking promising mang. ill be watching this monster in the making :D

Thanks man

yeah, i went to the forum and saw OBIs lincoln ls install, i was like isnt obi...?... then i was all excited lol, then i was like, wtf y didnt he tell me he started this lol, u never did send me them pics of what you had before, i guess you can post them here as the before pics, but if ur embarassed, you can just send them ;) and thats crazy davids gonna help you with the clamshell, he's all over the place, tell him he needs to build me one too! haha (same as yours, but better ;))

Yea he is. But he's like 9 hours away from me. So im just going to drive up there when I get the cash and time. Oh and its cause I didn't really have many pics off my old install. But its was 2 12 cvx's off a ZX 1500.1 and some Kicker coaxiles. All running off a stock alt and stock batt with a little stringer batt.

Looking like QUALITY! Do work ad get it done!

someone is serious!! thats alota juice!

I just hope that 1 alt is good enough!

But now that Im done eatting i'll get some more pics up

First I'll start off with the headunit install. I know boring! LOL But they'll get more interesting.

Old HU

Posted Image

The tear out

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mess!

Putting in the new Eclipse. At the time I didnt solder anything just cause it was all going to come right out again. But later took it out again and soldered everything, cut extra wire length, took out speaker wire, and installed backup cam. Remember this was a long process. At the time I just wanted to get music playing again, but knew it was all coming out soon.

Posted Image

Where I ran my GPS antenna through

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finally in. This damn thing barely fit. It took so long to get it in. All the dam wires kept getting in the way. But later when I neatened everything up it was a lot easier.

Posted Image

LOL I acciedently ripped them thin ass paper type wires holding my AC faceplate on that controlled it. It got replaced within that week.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Archived