4 15" btls wall in a 99' silverado

so here is the truck no one knew i had lol. i built it up so quick i didnt have time to make a build log and ive been lazy and havent done it since i finished lol. I had been wanting to wall my daily driver, 99 chevrolet silverado, for a long time. The shop i work at wouldnt give me a damn deal on treo to try and promote them so i said screw it and found a deal on CA.com. Brain owens was selling 6 Fi 15'' subs that have btl softparts but different motors and handle around 1900rms. some of you might have seen these. i bought 4 of them and that night went home and started building lol. i had to make it to ware everything could be taken out and returned to factory if i had to. so no e-foam or anything like that lol. as of right now im currently debating between a cactus 7k and a ddz2lv(if he will drop the price) but eventually will probably get more power. anyway here we go.

Posted Image

Posted Image

back in april when i cleaned it up and got some free rims and tires from my dads boss.

Posted Image

the box gets 2 layers all around for the most part.

Posted Image

i used some sonotube for radius' inside.

Posted Image

Posted Image

the inside of the port will eventually be finished with polished laminate so i had to take care of the 1/8" edge on the sonotube with some tempered masonite.

Posted Image

Posted Image

port wall haha.

Posted Image

Posted Image

lol after i got done with the router,.

NOVEMBER 2008 SYSTEM OF THE MONTH!

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Rival Mobile Electronics

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

50+ Boston mids and highs

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks sick so far, got me some idears for my wall for next spring

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Posted Image

Posted Image/

heres the subs :air_kiss:

Posted Image

Posted Image

2x4's arent reliable enough for me so i had my dad weld up some 1 1/2" thick Chassis tubing to 3/8" plates for bracing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

2x4's all the way haha.

Posted Image

Black polished formica.

Posted Image

i just came up with a floor out of 2x4's and alot of bolts and screws lol its stable.

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

lol luckilly i have rob (9515rob)whos small enough to crawl in there and do the wiring. haha

Posted Image

i also had some time to do some temporary door pods with my bostons....

Posted Image

Posted Image

did the recessed formica ring to hid the mounts and whatnot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

came out lookin pretty nice but im goign to do 2 sets in the future.

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

the camera doesnt do justice lol its got enough sawdust in it to distort all teh pictures. everything is wrapped in matching vinyl and i relocated the dome light

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i also did 1" all thread through the port

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

liek i said the camera does no justice. but i flushed the Kenwood 891 in since it has the motorized faceplate.

Posted Image

Fi stickers i had made for both of my vehicles.

anyway thats it for now. the ame will come soon and same with batts. it will be done by october 30th. lol we did test it a couple times with robs dd m3 haha ran the leads out my window. my car feels liek its going to explode haha its great. Crump took a vid of it at the sundown comp haha the numbers i did were tones and they kinda sucked cuz it was MUCH louder on ,music.

Treo Engineering is coming out with some new amps im goign to get ahold of and you guys are going to see alot of motorized stuff ive already got planned hehe

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

So i guess thats a yes Here ya go

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Not the best video, but Rob is controlling the subs right now from his mustang off his DD Amp. Kyle is playing some song that gets the crowd going :D

EDIT: AND Its 100% true the camera does it 0 justice its amazing in person. Cant wait to here this on an amp that will do them subs some justice

Archived