EXO's BIG BOX HACK Re-Build/3 12's to 1 18" Ascendant Audio MAYHEM

For those who are just meeting me right now, My name is Jeremiah/EXOcontralto, and I absolutely love making videos, and experimenting with bass.

A few months ago, Steve sent me a message after enjoying one of my videos, and nicely asked if I could make him a couple as well - So I did. :D ... & Because the video(s) did so well , he gifted me with an Ascendant Audio 18" Mayhem Subwoofer. That was the start.....

Ever since then, my goal has been to get it POUNDIN' -

I started out with-->

Pioneer DEH-p2000mp DECK

Clarion Eqs746 EQ -

(2) 5.25" Orion CB Highs

(3) 12" Orion HP12's on 1500wrms -

(2) Polk 6x9 DB150 Mids

(2) Alpine Amps - MRP V-power Mono Series

(2) Power Acouctik PCX 5 Caps // I KNOW I KNOW - Caps are junk -

MCR 200a H/O Alternator

Big 3 / 0 Gauge

*My Videos*

http://www.youtube.com/user/EXOcontralto

Posted Image

Posted Image

But, almost immediately after I got that sub from Meade - I was off to sell all my stuff . I had to get this woofer bumpin! I then I GUTTED my entire van to make way for the NEW 18" Mayhem! LOL - Yes, I have a 1992 Dogde Grand Caravan - :) Check Out YouTube to see how she looks.

Posted Image

Then I/WE Started Measuring & Cutting the Pieces For The Box! ALWAYS BE SURE TO MARK WHICH IS WHICH - I.E. - Front - left side - ect. This will make it 10x's less confusing - I learn the hard way on everything it seams ;-) And if you do, make sure to glue face up lol - I did that on a couple too - W/E we live and learn - afterall, this is my first enclosure build

Posted Image

Posted Image

We pressed them together, and let them sit overnight before assmebling completely the next day. This way it will be really secure, and safe to work with.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now for the Internal Corner Pieces - (45's) - I used 1/2 inch MDF for this part - That way it will take up less space, and has less effect on tuning and such - ALSO This is will add clean sound, and airflow.

Posted Image

After this, we went ahead and started cutting the hole for the subwoofer - But as we plugged in the router, the damn thing zonked right out, and stopped working! So.... - No more router.... No jig saw either??.....Nope!...Well, What the hell were we to do?

That's when I look away for one second, and my"friend" Robbie takes a Skillsaw to my box!! I was LIVID! Check out the Whole Video on My YouTube Channel - Click Below :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

DAMN ROBBIE!! I was really upset at this point... - So I did the only thing I could think of... take things into my own hands.... Can anyone say Sawzall time...? Muhahaha :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

And This Is how It Came Out!---->

Posted Image

In retrospect, it's always safer, and better to use the right tools. But...In our situation, we had to do what we had to do - LOL - JerryRiggin' Always Ends Up Hurtin' Someone :)

But Take a Look At This HOLE! SHE's BEAUTIFUL!

Posted Image

With Baffle --->

Posted Image

When it was all said and done - It came out very well, and I didn't kill Robbie - Luckily

I bet you guys were just as surprised as I was - BUT NOW - my objective is to start saving up more money for an amp! I have 300 dollars so far! BTW If you have any good connections or input, feel free to share information and send messages to my YouTube account

For MORE UPDATES!

CHECK OUT http://www.youtube.com/user/EXOabigdeal - http://www.youtube.com/user/EXOcontralto

Your bro EXO :)

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Head Unit - Pioneer DEH-p6000ub

Equalizer - Soon To Come

Amplifiers - (4) Soundstream TX1.2600d's

Subwoofers - (2) Soundstream XXX 18's

Enclosure - 16 Cubic Foot Wall Tuned to 38hz

Power Wire - (200ft) Tsunami 0 Gauge PRO

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

Oh alright you're the kid who made the video w/ the 18" Mayhem and sounds like he had 65 cups of coffee prior to filming.

Nice little box build and a nice woofer to go in it too.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Thanks To The Chat Room Peeps For Helping Me Post This!

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Equalizer - Soon To Come

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Oh alright you're the kid who made the video w/ the 18" Mayhem and sounds like he had 65 cups of coffee prior to filming.

Nice little box build and a nice woofer to go in it too.

LMAO! - I tend to be hyper when I get 70lbs subs in the mail lol

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Equalizer - Soon To Come

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

lookin good exo

Thanks brother man - I can't wait to let the 18 finally rest in it!!

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Equalizer - Soon To Come

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

What is the port width on that box?? Looks pretty damn small for an 18, 69sq in of port isn't much for one either.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

What is the port width on that box?? Looks pretty damn small for an 18, 69sq in of port isn't much for one either.

Meade told me to do 50 to 75 sq inches of port area - He's the one who told me what numbers to use.

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Equalizer - Soon To Come

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

actually thats damn near perfect.

i have 118 in^2 for 4 18's and it could be bigger if i had room, but it dont need to be. Hell i did 4 18's with 75 In^2 of port (6, 4" Aeroports) and it hit hard as fuck!!!

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

thats one hell of a beefy box... im going with the doubled up is so you dont have to internally brace it?

Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card :)

i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps :(

Archived