Tahoe w/ 2 18s, 10,000w - 2 vids uploaded

So I'm downgrading to have room for my work/ new children. I yanked everything out a year ago and finally have time to put things in. I have a 6 month old and another on the way, so I have to haul around a lot of kid stuff right now, as well as tools and equipment for work.

Box will be ~10ft net with about 115sq of port. It's a bit small, but I need 1/2 of the back for cargo, and I figure it should be fine with the power I'm planning on using and box rise and all.

I will have 10 runs of 1/0- Knu Fleks, Shok industries. Only 4 D 3100s for now, but I will be running good alt power. For now I have 2 alts and an MLA module (300a @ idle, 15.6v), soon to be going with DC Power and ~ 700amps @ idle. If I need more batteries with that much alt power I will add as needed, but I don't have the budget at the moment.

Equipment:

2 oldschool BTL 18s ('06)

American Bass 1000.1

Realm 6.5s (considering 3-way active)

Eclipse 4ch (don't remember model)

Alpine h/u 9831

Not worth mentioning the rest.

Slow start today, got the battery rack and amp rack built, the majority of the wood is cut, just need to do the finish cuts and assemble tomorrow. Then wire everything up the next day probably.

Temporary alt setup:

Mechman6.jpg

DSC01795.jpg

DSC01796.jpg

DSC01798.jpg

RPD19.jpg

RPD18.jpg

Oct_09_2BTL_001.jpg

Oct_09_2BTL_002.jpg

Oct_09_2BTL_003.jpg

Lots of goodies in the next few weeks. My goals here are to leave plenty of room to haul, with 150+ @ 30hz. Any comments/advice are appreciated.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

damn. not often you downgrade to 10k watts lol

its really cool to see your stuff again.

i loved your first build

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Thanks a lot! I really miss it, been missing bass completely for the last year. I thought about going SQ because of how angry I was with Iraggi for a long time, but I can't get out yet. I graduate from college in May so hopefully I'll get a better job an enough cash to do some things different.

Few old pics out of nostalgia:

top_9-1.jpg

418s_box_70-1.jpg

alts33.jpg

DSC01381.jpg 32hz

top4.jpg

top_8.jpg

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Looking good bro, I know you'll love that amp.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

I was wondering what happened to you. I really like the way your system turned out with the 4 18s. This should be just as good....

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Thanks. The way I'm building things there's enough room for 2 18s, or when the SMD/AA (or Fi) 22s come out I have a box I can drop a new face on and have 10ft. A 2nd box would be easy to make and shove it right next to the other- giving me room to give a pair of 22s 10kw :spiteful:

As soon as they're released I'm waiting.

Not a whole lot of progress made today, only had an hour or so, but tomorrow the fun starts.

I have a friend who should be getting me some 1/2" copper buss bars, but till then I decided not to use fuse holders, just 1/4" aluminum bars. The amp needs 800-1000 amps of fusing depending on who you talk to and where you're reading, I have 250s and 200s so I'm debating what to use. I never thought I'd get to use my 12" miter saw that works good on masonry and metal, it was like Christmas to get to use it for once lol.

Oct_09_2BTL_004.jpg

2 bars cut to fit

Oct_09_2BTL_005.jpg

Oct_09_2BTL_006.jpg

Mocked up to figure out where to drill things.

Oct_09_2BTL_007.jpg

The aluminum bars over the amp aren't screwed in place, so things look crooked but it's straight now. They're just extra security, whatever it's worth.

Oct_09_2BTL_008.jpg

Almost how I want it, it's temporary till the copper comes in. The fuse holders were really just plastic with a bolt to hold wire and fuse together, so this has about 100x more metal regardless.

I have gotten my moneys worth out of this saw.

Oct_09_2BTL_009.jpg

Cut everything so tomorrow all I have to do is assemble.

Oct_09_2BTL_010.jpg

I used a circular saw for the last box, honestly I will never again if I don't have to, it's just so much faster to use the table saw. And perfect cuts every time is nice too.

Oct_09_2BTL_012.jpg

Assembly tomorrow, I can't even hook things up till the rest of my wire comes in so I might be driving around with subs and amp just not even fully hooked up :bull:

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Archived