Damn shit never stops in my garage it seems like. My old boss had these 8 12's at the shop and gave them to me at a great price, got the whole lot for $240. I know the subs aren't anything special, bu theres a lot of them, and ported with ~1400 watts is gonna be really damn loud.

Here are the subs:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm gonna spend the next half hour planning out the box and doing some sketches, and then I start cuttin wood! I'll have pics as I make progress. It'll be a full size wall, around 16 cubes, tuned to ~34 hz. Clamshell style with one port in the center, 4 subs on each side. I also picked up a gallon of weldwood for $30, because theres going to be a lot of vinyl by the time this is done.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

K just finished crunching some numbers...180 sq inches of port, 16 cubes, 13 inch port length...Should banggg

Subwoofer Wall

I posted that up last night, when I was still contemplating my options...haha roscoe I'll still have a foot from the end of the box to the back hatch, and mines only a tahoe!! haha gotta love smaller subs...

Subwoofer Wall

I posted that up last night, when I was still contemplating my options...haha roscoe I'll still have a foot from the end of the box to the back hatch, and mines only a tahoe!! haha gotta love smaller subs...

ROSCOE ILL HAVE BLA BLA BLA .......shove it up yur a$$ :D:lol: Yeah I was hoping for more cargo space but.....hope in one hand and @#$! in the other.......Cant wait bro it is gonna slap!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Got the top, bottom, and back cut out of one big sheet...This is a big box for sure...14.8 cubes net, comes to about 1.8 cubes per sub, exactly what I was going for. This will have interchangeable ports. I may have to invert the outer 4 subs due to lack of magnet clearance. I should have the box built by the end of today, but it'll be far from done as far as trimming the sides and vinyling and all that.

Roscoe, I picked up that gallon of Weldwood, and I opened it up when I got home, and it was an off white color....The stuff we had at the shop was yellow...Do you know if this is still the same stuff?

Subwoofer Wall

Archived