Help! Another Victem Of Dominick IrFaggi

Ok so i jumped on the gravy boat about a year ago when Iraggi was on here showing off his custom alts. so i paid $450 for a 300amp "Amputator" series for my 2002 escalade. just recently the damn thing failed on me. before calling it a total loss, id like to see if i can fix it, and how much. can anyone help me diagnose the problem.

first, i was just driving, when my battery light came on and my voltage was at like 9 or 10. its usually around 14. then i noticed for a while that giving it gas would at first make the voltage go up, but then no matter what i did, the voltage would stay low. mind you, my truck started multiple times and worked fine. so after pulling it out and swapping it with the old one. i noticed that when the pulley is spun in either direction, it makes a ticking noise, and i couldn't tell you if there is a difference in resistance in the pulley, since i don't remember.

So can anyone help me? any experts or ideas before i trash the guts. the case is sweet though.

double check all your grounds.

2001 Yukon XL

Sitting on 35 x 12.50 x 20, XD Monsters

Headunit: Clarion DXZ785USB

Front: B&C 10NW64 10" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Rear: B&C 8NDL51 8" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Mids & Highs Amps: MB Quart DSC 4125, MB Quart DSC 480

Subs: 4 18" SSA ZCONS

Sub Amps: 4 GP3K Pro

Electrical: Iraggi 260a, 3 tejcurrent 240a, tejcurrent quad bracket

Kinetik - 6 HC2400

ssa_team.png

My Build Log

Ok so i jumped on the gravy boat about a year ago when Iraggi was on here showing off his custom alts. so i paid $450 for a 300amp "Amputator" series for my 2002 escalade. just recently the damn thing failed on me. before calling it a total loss, id like to see if i can fix it, and how much. can anyone help me diagnose the problem.

first, i was just driving, when my battery light came on and my voltage was at like 9 or 10. its usually around 14. then i noticed for a while that giving it gas would at first make the voltage go up, but then no matter what i did, the voltage would stay low. mind you, my truck started multiple times and worked fine. so after pulling it out and swapping it with the old one. i noticed that when the pulley is spun in either direction, it makes a ticking noise, and i couldn't tell you if there is a difference in resistance in the pulley, since i don't remember.

So can anyone help me? any experts or ideas before i trash the guts. the case is sweet though.

my alt did that for like an hour for some reason, but it was only when it was in drive, when it was in neutral the voltage would go back up..but i have a mechman, not an iraggi. But if someone knows why this happened that one time i'd like to know, that was like 2 weeks ago and it hasn't done anything weird since.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

i think that's the diodes that have failed. if the clicking is quiet it may just be the brushes, a normal noise.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i think that's the diodes that have failed. if the clicking is quiet it may just be the brushes, a normal noise.

diodes you say, well how could i check for sure. ALL these so called alternator places i call here in chicago are retards. once i tell them its an iraggi they say "a what", then i say 300 amp and they say "huh"..... what are my options?

Yeah I'm sure you could ask MM, DC, EA, etc etc and see if they could fix it. They should be able to, its not like Dom's alts have some mystical lock that would keep competitors out lol.

Edit: and you should ask about new housing. It'll probably cost a little extra but my guess is your Irragi came in a case with poor, poor ventilation, which was probably why the alternator failed.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Archived