Wire/Fuse Guide

Guest SyKo13

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey guys so on the OP, is that for peak power or RMS? noob question im sure but i had to ask :)

always look at RMS power as your peak output, peak output is a pulled out of ass number a lot of amp companies use

Also, it doesnt really even apply to "rms" or "peak" it's just a simple volt X amperage equation. So, you would have to actually clamp at several freq. and fine out what you highest output is, or just go oversized.

I am assuming for the speaker wire part of this they are using OFC not CCA. I'm going to be running two 2ohm subs wire to 1ohm and will be using 12ga ofc(ultra low loss bla bla) for each sub (one run then coil to coil, repeat for other sub) Each sub should see maybe 500w so i should be golden right?, Looks like i could even go up to 950, but i think if i go over 800 i would go ahead and go to 10ga. That sound about right?

hey guys so on the OP, is that for peak power or RMS? noob question im sure but i had to ask :)

always look at RMS power as your peak output, peak output is a pulled out of ass number a lot of amp companies use

Also, it doesnt really even apply to "rms" or "peak" it's just a simple volt X amperage equation. So, you would have to actually clamp at several freq. and fine out what you highest output is, or just go oversized.

I am assuming for the speaker wire part of this they are using OFC not CCA. I'm going to be running two 2ohm subs wire to 1ohm and will be using 12ga ofc(ultra low loss bla bla) for each sub (one run then coil to coil, repeat for other sub) Each sub should see maybe 500w so i should be golden right?, Looks like i could even go up to 950, but i think if i go over 800 i would go ahead and go to 10ga. That sound about right?

without really looking into it, sounds right to me

XS-power1.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know it's kind of a NoOb question but I'm kinda learning as I go.

Is 12ga speaker wire going to be able to power my setup.

Amp: RE Audio XT2000DEv3

Sub: RE Audio SXX 15 D2 wired to 1 Ohm.

I have 3 of each going in the truck but each sub has its own amp.

The wire only has to run about 2ft from the amp to the box I'm just not sure if 12ga is enough to handle the power it will be getting.

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Bump to the top to sticky this mother

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 3 months later...

This and a few other threads should be required reading for newbs.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Archived