Sonic Electronix

alright so i am completely confused.

Now i have seen online that there are a few difference size speakers for my base series 2004 GMC Envoy. Some sites say the front and rear doors are 6.5's and some say the front is 6.5" and the rear is 5.25". WTF do i REALLY have in it? I dont have ability to tear it apart at the moment since its either too cold, snowing, or raining up here in NY.

Also for those with envoy's/trail blazers, how did you put custom (aftermarket) speakers in your door? Did you just pop off the stock speakers from that weird shaped piece of plastic that hold them in or do you have to buy an adapter for them?

And secondly, how did you run the wires for your speakers through the doors STUPID molex connector. I am running 14ga speaker wire to each door and i dont think there may be enough room to sneak it in there.

Any and all help would be nice and pics are more than welcome!!

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

oh, forgot to mention. my truck is nothing special. it has those delco speakers in the doors. no bose or the extra b.s. bells and whistles that gm offers.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I have a 2005 TrailBlazer LS, both the front and rear door speakers are 6.5" but 5.25" will fit with an adapter, I have 5 and a quarter kickers in the front and 6.5" Pioneers in the back. Just use the wires that are already powering your factory speakers, no need to run new wire, although I have seen people run new wire through the door molex so it IS possible. Check out TrailVoy.com for lots of guides specifically for the GMT360(Envoys and TrailBlazers) platform.

edit, here's a link to a guide for replacing factory door speakers but I think you need to be a member of the site to view it:

http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?do=viewarticle&artid=70

http://www.youtube.com/mrgeo20
-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

-'99 Sierra, under construction

ok. but ive seen that the door speakers have a weird plate adapter onto them. does the speaker come off of that adapter plate to swap them out with 6.5's easily? And the only reason i AM going to put the speaker wire in the door is because im running it off a DC Audio 175.4 amp for all my doors. so i refuse to use the stock wire for that.

"You do not need to remove the factory speaker basket from the rear door, just use your Torx T15 to remove the 4 factory screws holding the old speaker in place. After the screws are removed, use your small flat head screw driver to pry the speaker out ot the basket. Be careful not to pry to hard, you will need to remove the factory speaker wire plug from the old speaker before taking it away."

I think thats what you're looking for?

skim through the guide I linked earlier, it'll probably answer any questions you have.

http://www.youtube.com/mrgeo20
-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

-'99 Sierra, under construction

thanks. i didnt register at first but i did now and i see it. thank you

Archived