What is the best car alarm for the money?

do you have any experience in alarms? Do you know the terminology? if not id probably get someone who did. its not the easiest thing to tackle and definitely not for a novice.

This I tried to install one once and I am very good with vehicles and wiring and such and I gave up after a week of rats nest under my dash sold the alarm and been Rollin alarmless ever since

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you've never installed an alarm I'm with Nate 100%. I've installed a dozen or so basic alarms and the first 5901 me and my brother put in (mine) we spent a solid 8 hours of labor hours probably. Big part of that was taking my dash almost out of the car but that wasn't that much. Power and ground is easy to hook up. But then you need diodes and make a circuit bord for door triggers and relays for locks and add-on sensors it will be very overwhelming if you haven't done anything like it before.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

fair enough guys

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

do you have any experience in alarms? Do you know the terminology? if not id probably get someone who did. its not the easiest thing to tackle and definitely not for a novice.

This I tried to install one once and I am very good with vehicles and wiring and such and I gave up after a week of rats nest under my dash sold the alarm and been Rollin alarmless ever since

I know a guyw ith a tech sheet for your trukc.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

My truck was stolen about 7 - 8 months ago, and the guys who stole it were local, and kept it local. They had it for one week, joyriding it, and stealing from peoples houses with it. The truck was found about 1.5miles away, broke down at an apartment complex, with 4 people living in it. My truck was filled to the roof with stolen shit. Finally after about 5- 6 months of my truck in and out of the shop, I'am finally driving it again, but obviously I have worries myself.

I have a basic alarm, but what I want is two features in an alarm, or two separate units.

1) Car alarm unit, will be ran on a separate battery system, just a good alarm

2) Gps system, fully remote I can mount under the truck, in a bumper or something like that. Something I can track via cell or computer.

I found a bunch of GPS units that are trackable only through memory card- needs to be recovered and info uploaded to the computer to check locations, speeds, and acceleration, more for tracking kids with cars

I dont mean to thread jack, I just wanted to throw this in this thread and see what people think, its fully on topic, mainly

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Ive never messed with alarms but but the guy at best buy told me my car is pretty basic to do. He is going to print me a sheet out for the wiring. I just can't justify paying $250 for someone else to hook it up. I'm sure I can figure it out though. I worked at a body shop for 5 years so i know where alot of the stuff is to where it was to be hooked up. Thanks guys for all the input it really helped. And as soon as it buy my h/o alternator and other battery im getting this thing and i'll let y'all if i screwed it up or not.

2012 Nissan Altima SL

DC M2 Lvl 3 12" with AR cone

DC 1.2K Amp

Kicker Sum8

Kicker 4 Gauge amp kit

XS Power D2700

1.5 Cubic ft net tuned to 38Hz

body shop and 12 volt electronics are not the same thing. one wrong wire. poof.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

body shop and 12 volt electronics are not the same thing. one wrong wire. poof.

I know it isn't the same thing, but we still did wiring on cars when they were wrecked. We would have to cut the bad parts of the harness and rewire them. Thanks for the concern though man. I know your just looking out for me.

I also just tech with the guy from best buy and he ran me through the sheet he printed out for my car and told me what i need to do. He also said it might take a weekend to do which is fine with me.

2012 Nissan Altima SL

DC M2 Lvl 3 12" with AR cone

DC 1.2K Amp

Kicker Sum8

Kicker 4 Gauge amp kit

XS Power D2700

1.5 Cubic ft net tuned to 38Hz

• 3 weeks later...

Archived