Vapor Mania
Welcome to SMD Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

wood carved pens

31 replies to this topic

FiBTLforlife

FiBTLforlife

145db

• Members
  • 1,080 posts
I make pens on the side as another hobby of mine. Wasnt sure if anyone on here likes wood pens or not but I carve just regular smooth pens or ones with different patterns/designs on them. I am in the process of doing one in carbon fiber cloth and see how it turns out this week. I can also turn any tree wood if you have some tree that has some type of sentimental value to you I can make it into a pen. I keep most of the pens I make at my aunts house so next time I go over im going to take pics of all of them. I think I have about 10 or so laying around. Just PM me or post on here if you are interested.

They wouldnt cost much, like $10 for normal smooth pen or click pencil and $13 for carvings in them (usually takes me 30min to carve a good pen as I take my time and dont slap anything together) shipping would be like $3 i would assume since its so small and anything over 3 pens at once will be $4 shipped.

Please PM me if you want a pen as your request might get burried in the thread. Once I have over 3 orders I will drive to the shop to make them.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by FiBTLforlife, 01 May 2011 - 01:35 PM.

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs 1 3500d AQ amp 146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

blownengine

blownengine

155db

• Members
  • 2,127 posts
  • Interests:Car audio, engines, wood working, engineering, everything cars
Pics?

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi) Alpine CDA-105 KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3 DC Audio 1.2K (Bass) Pioneer 6x9's (Front) Pioneer 6.5's (Rear) Kicker 3.5's (Dash) Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)  

FiBTLforlife

FiBTLforlife

145db

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Pics?

I had these on my FB but ive been bad and not take pics of the ones ive been carving. I do like 90% design pens and not much smooth ones. I should have atleast 10 pics or more coming this week
2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs 1 3500d AQ amp 146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

blownengine

blownengine

155db

• Members
  • 2,127 posts
  • Interests:Car audio, engines, wood working, engineering, everything cars
Damn! Those are slick!

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi) Alpine CDA-105 KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3 DC Audio 1.2K (Bass) Pioneer 6x9's (Front) Pioneer 6.5's (Rear) Kicker 3.5's (Dash) Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)  

FiBTLforlife

FiBTLforlife

145db

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Damn! Those are slick!

we also got this new printing machine that allows me to print anything on the pen like your name, or SMD something like that. Any thing really, but its easier to do on a smooth pen. Hit me up if you want one man, my ideas are endless on designs

King James

King James

666 db

• Members

• 4,395 posts
I always liked those wooden pens.

Image1_zps58af3458.jpg

FiBTLforlife

FiBTLforlife

145db

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

would u like to purchase one good sir? lol

bumonskateboard6

bumonskateboard6

4 wheeled king bum

• Members

• 1,494 posts
  • Interests:Home/Car Audio
    Nice Cars
    Big Trucks
    Off Road Toys
Garage View Garage
Let me know how the carbon fiber ones turn out I love carbon fiber, looks like you do awesome work! :good:
Current System:
2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

FiBTLforlife

FiBTLforlife

145db

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Let me know how the carbon fiber ones turn out I love carbon fiber, looks like you do awesome work! :good:

im very interested as well, only thing I cant seem to hide is there is going to be the line where the sheet connects on the pen. Im also going to be cover some of the pens with some CF resin and then sand them to 2000grit so its like a mirror finish. The carbon fiber pen wont be that much more, maybe $15 only $2 more just for the extra time and prep work for it. This thread will fill up full of pics really soon guys just wanted to go ahead and make it

bumonskateboard6

bumonskateboard6

4 wheeled king bum

• Members

• 1,494 posts
  • Interests:Home/Car Audio
    Nice Cars
    Big Trucks
    Off Road Toys
Garage View Garage

im very interested as well, only thing I cant seem to hide is there is going to be the line where the sheet connects on the pen. Im also going to be cover some of the pens with some CF resin and then sand them to 2000grit so its like a mirror finish. The carbon fiber pen wont be that much more, maybe $15 only $2 more just for the extra time and prep work for it. This thread will fill up full of pics really soon guys just wanted to go ahead and make it

Awesome I look forward to seeing it and buying one of the CF ones! :drinks:
Current System:
2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

King James

King James

666 db

• Members

• 4,395 posts

would u like to purchase one good sir? lol

Sure...I'll PM you.

Image1_zps58af3458.jpg

FiBTLforlife

FiBTLforlife

145db

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Damn! Those are slick!

you can be writing with one of these slick pens next week haha, let me know if ya want one. Im making a carbon fiber pen this week that is a red/black weave cloth. spread the word for me if you like my work im just now starting to actually sell them instead of making them for fun

FiBTLforlife

FiBTLforlife

145db

• Members
  • 1,080 posts
I tested the Carbon Fiber last night and it is going to work on the pens. My hardest thing was cutting the cloth so its a smooth cut and not be messed up on the edges. I am going to try and have some in a week or so tops and have them posted on here along with the other pens ive made. Here is what the pattern looks like

Posted Image

Edited by FiBTLforlife, 27 April 2011 - 10:53 AM.

Mtnbikecrazy55

Mtnbikecrazy55

160db

• 18+ All Access!
  • 3,484 posts
  • Interests:Search first, Ask second
Nice man, I love woodworking
I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

BlitZ

BlitZ

130db

• Members
  • 351 posts
a carbon one would be sweet... 8)
old set up
Alpine IDA-X305S
Memphis M-Class 4x6"
Focal Access 6.5"
Hifonics BRZ2100.1D
2x DC Audio Lvl 4 15's
Big 3, DR44 Alt, Yellow Top

http://www.youtube.com/user/SicNoma003

FiBTLforlife

FiBTLforlife

145db

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

a carbon one would be sweet... 8)

yeah i hope to have one up soon to show yall. I got the CF resin so it will never crack or turn yellow

huh?do-what?

huh?do-what?

140db

• Members
  • 919 posts
  • Interests:jerkin my gherkin
it would be cool to have two wooden knobs for my radio. Plastic knobs suck and they break.
God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

FiBTLforlife

FiBTLforlife

145db

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

it would be cool to have two wooden knobs for my radio. Plastic knobs suck and they break.

something I can try when I get out of school in a few weeks. I dont see why I couldnt do it though. good idea

FiBTLforlife

FiBTLforlife

145db

• Members
  • 1,080 posts
well I went out to the shop today and made up about 4 pens. These are not for sale due to them being for other customers but I just wanted to take some pics and show yall what kinda work I do. The first pen is for a SMD member and he is getting the SMD put onto the pen as he asked. The wood I have varies so sometimes I dont have the exact color wood in the pics but really all the wood looks good to me. Im running low on the red wood, only have enough for prob 2-3 pens.

I want to have atleast 3-4 pep want pens before I drive down the the wood shop due to gas prices to make it worth my trip. I dont want to drive just for 1 pen. So when i get atleast 3 pep wanting pens Ill go make them for yall. The carbon fiber pens are still in a process of making. They are not coming out like i want, main problem is cutting the cloth and making it a nice cut with no string hairs everywhere.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This one not put together is for sale and I have enough for another pen as well
Posted Image

EclipseChris

EclipseChris

Dreeeeewww Breeeess

• Members

• 3,929 posts
I wants a cf one BAD! Shoot me a PM once you get some done.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.
Eclipse build Old New
V-Dub
My feedback.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users