Rockford Fosgate
Welcome to SMD Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Remote Gains/Punch Gain Controls

12 replies to this topic

MistaDarklord

MistaDarklord

120db

• Members
  • 17 posts
So I have a couple of questions that I'd like to address before buying my R500-1. My first question is about the remote control knob that comes with the amp. Say that I have the gain at half, When the remote knob is at max does that mean that the gain would be half or actually all the way? My second question is how useful is the Punch level control @ 45hz? Most likely I don't think I'm going to mess with it since I currently do not have an O-Scope.

Thanks.

BakermanINC

BakermanINC

150db

• SMD Gold Member

• 1,528 posts
  • Interests:I'm here for the guns.
If your gain on your amp is set at 50%, then when you turn the gain control knob all the way up, then it will only be at 50% gain.

20159c35-2d5a-426e-88ad-3c3446e22aec.jpg

emperorjj1

emperorjj1

170db

• 18+ All Access!

• 5,020 posts
right the knob is bass boost not gain control at all. think of it as an EQ really
J. JPosted ImageMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS Posted Image

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Freshman6969

Freshman6969

ILL BE THERE....wait...no i wont

• SMD Silver Member

• 5,355 posts
  • Interests:loud cars, working on my own, making money
Garage View Garage

right the knob is bass boost not gain control at all. think of it as an EQ really

not bass boost, it turns the volume of the subs up or down in short

Legal TL scores
145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out
145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port in
less then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?

huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
Posted Image

Posted Image

My Feedback

Jeep-Buildlog

PT LOSER buildlog

MistaDarklord

MistaDarklord

120db

• Members
  • 17 posts
kk cool thanks, thats what I wanted to know.

arcwcb

arcwcb

125db

• Members
  • 185 posts

Actually, if you check out the Prime amps on the RF website it says:

Punch Level Control
(when connected, is linked to "gain control" to provide remote output level)

So the Punch and Power amps have bass boost and the Prime amps get gain control. REALLY wish they had this for the Power amps rather than the bass boost. I'd like to be able to cut gain for daily listening, but all I can do with the knob for mine is mess up the EQ.
2006 Mustang GT
Audio:2x RF R1200-1D, 2x RF R400-4, 2x RF P1S48, 2x RF T1682c, 2x DC 12" Lvl 3 D2, 1x RF T1652-s, XS Power Batts, Toolmaker blocks, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's
Performance Mods:Too many to list...

2007 Audi A4
Audio:1x RF R750-1D, 1x Fi 10" X D2, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, Audio Integrations enclosure
Performance Mods: BSH PCV Delete, Carbonio intake, APR Stage 2 ECU reflash, R8 coil packs

xStatezOfMindZx

xStatezOfMindZx

130db

• Members

• 317 posts
  • Interests:Musicz, Gunzs, Lifez, Ladiezs, Gamingz, MLG Gamerz & Stuffz thatz is 2 Deepz 4 ya MindZ 2 UndaStandZ aka my nickNameZ xStatezOfMindZx ....thatzs 4 RealZ myz HomieZ!!!!! DO WORK SON...getz on Myz LevelZ!

Punch Level Control

So the Punch and Power amps have bass boost and the Prime amps get gain control. REALLY wish they had this for the Power amps rather than the bass boost. I'd like to be able to cut gain for daily listening, but all I can do with the knob for mine is mess up the EQ.

On my RF T500-1bdCP I use my Remote Punch EQ (Optional Controller)all the time.My amp didn't include a remote knob, I had to buy one! Most of the time I have it set to 1/4 for SQ and 1/2 for bass and then 3/4 for noise. Once you have set your gains right, you don't even need to mess with the EQ, just adjust the knob for daily use depending on the level of SQ you want. The Remote Punch EQ connection is made with a RJ-45 cable and can be installed in a variety of ways for easy control access.The control is used to boost low and/or high frequency information to overcome road noise. The remote overrides the Punch EQ on the amplifier when
connected.

Edited by xStatezOfMindZx, 26 April 2011 - 10:09 AM.

2 Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 P3D412 in a 4.75 cu. ft sealed box.
Alpine Type-R SPR-17S 2-way component 6.5"
Alpine SPR-57C 5" x 7" 2-Way Coaxial Speaker (Pair)
RF T1000-1bdCP
Alpine MRP-F300
62.5 SQ Ft. Audio Wrap
Stinger SPC122 Capacitor 1 Farad Chrome w/Blue Neon
Limo Tint All Back 5 Windows

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

arcwcb

arcwcb

125db

• Members
  • 185 posts
I have the PEQ knob for both my T1500-1bd's and I hate it, I wish instead of bass boost knobs, they cut gain. THAT'S what I want, I hate having that horrible peak in the music. Plus, it seems to distort the signal, so I never turn it up, I figure it's clipping my XL's all to hell...
2006 Mustang GT
Audio:2x RF R1200-1D, 2x RF R400-4, 2x RF P1S48, 2x RF T1682c, 2x DC 12" Lvl 3 D2, 1x RF T1652-s, XS Power Batts, Toolmaker blocks, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's

2007 Audi A4
Audio:1x RF R750-1D, 1x Fi 10" X D2, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, Audio Integrations enclosure
Performance Mods: BSH PCV Delete, Carbonio intake, APR Stage 2 ECU reflash, R8 coil packs

emperorjj1

emperorjj1

170db

• 18+ All Access!

• 5,020 posts

Punch Level Control

lol my bad :drinks: lol funny because i've installed a few of those amps already but not one knob. ill agree that gain control is nice thou. just buy a 3sixty and boom all done. thats what im using for my sub knob atm
J. JPosted ImageMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS Posted Image

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

arcwcb

arcwcb

125db

• Members
  • 185 posts
Price of 360 > price of gain knob lol
2006 Mustang GT

2007 Audi A4

DevinPapow

DevinPapow

Forum N()()B

• Members
  • 0 posts
is the peq worth buying?

emperorjj1

emperorjj1

170db

• 18+ All Access!

• 5,020 posts
possibly for a punch or power amp. prime uses a different one.

basscherokee

basscherokee

130db

• Members
  • 312 posts
i have the peq for my t1500bd and it is AMAZING! its a lot easier to turn the nob to add bass then go through the radio and increase the subwoofer db's.

1997 xj 5 speed 4.5 inch rustys lift 33x12.5x15 duratracs custom roof rack with 8 inch lights rustys fiberglass front fenders cut and tucked fenders in rear sye and custom driveshaft (adams driveshaft) jcr offroad front bumper, gastank skid, stickers of course system (in gf car now) 12 inch kicker l7 d4 2.5 cubic foot box tuned to 33 hz audioque 750.1 ran at 1 ohm american bass 0 gauge into distro block (battery in rear) with 4 gauge knu coming out to amp  

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)