Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

Let's see... Not sure if any of this was mentioned...

Amp companies that overrate their products

How much test equipment costs

People that dis companies like DC, Fi, Sundown, Etc. because they aren't mainstream like Alpine or JL

People that won't believe that their Pyle stuff is shit

People that want you to help get them as loud as you but don't want to get a new alternator or battery.

People that buy nice equipment but run it all from a shitty head unit.

People that want their shit ran on the stock head unit that doesn't have any features worth saving. Especially when they don't have volume displays.

People that run 4 channels for subs.

"MAX" ratings

"4000 watt" amps that have 70 amps of fusing

When you buy a $900 amp and it says you need to buy an external fuse block and fuse. Why can't it come with one?

When you get an amp that is proven to do like 2500 RMS but it has 4 gauge inputs.

WHY IS FIBERGLASS RESIN AND MATTING SO EXPENSIVE?

when someone sees that you have a 15 and they say 'you must like the lows'

when you use a crimp on butt-connector but you didn't crimp it hard enough and the wire falls out and you can't fit it back in, so you have to cut the damn wire and put a new connector in.

Rise

I hate that it takes so damn long for my soldering iron to warm up.

Running out of solder.

Not getting every strand of wire into the terminal.

Having to upgrade your suspension for 800+ pounds of equipment.

When you sit down, use a tool, put it down next to you, then can't find it.

The list goes on.

That's b/c they are newer companies and JL and Alpine have been around since I began this... they are good products, not great, but good and people trust the name. The other part is poor marketing and advertising. DD has been around for many years and yet a lot of people still don't know who the heck they are.

...haters first and foremost. I get so annoyed when I hear people talking shit about KOB, Meade, and the rest. Seriously, who gives a shit? I certainly don't.

People that think you can set your gains with a DMM

People that dog JL, Alpine, and others that have a real average consumer level warranty

Junk amps of today, not 10 years ago you could run an amp down to nothing, it would protect and it actually still worked

Amps rated at 14.4+

People that know a guy who knows a guy that has never had his xyz product have a problem

People who don't realize most of the bigger systems cost tens of thousands of dollars

People who don't realize most of the medium systems around here cost ten thousand

People who talk shit about SQ setups especially when the value of their car wouldn't even buy a decent set of components

Companies that have dogshit warranty, straight up rip you off, or have products that do not have faults ever as in it's impossible (Soundstream for example)

Last, but not least... People who spend money they don't have on this shit.

COPYCAT/FOLLOWERS

What does that even mean?

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

People that think you can set gains correctly with a DMM and then wonder why their equipment gets hot.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

People that think you can set gains correctly with a DMM and then wonder why their equipment gets hot.

What are you talking about my Sony amp is rated at 4kw man above that it clips...

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Copycat/ Followers means what it says.

You get a 18 your friend gets one

You get 26s your friend wants the same ones

you get a ipad in your car your friend gets one in his.

I mean the extreme cases of copying somebody

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

What are you talking about my Sony amp is rated at 4kw man above that it clips...

I just realized you posted the same thing, LOL. I was just skimming another thread, and the guy doesn't listen. His subs are getting warm to the touch, states his amp is guaranteed not clipping; because he set his gains with a DMM

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

when people think bridging is some kind of super mode on an amp. example: i had a guy tell me if i bridge my mono stetsom id double my power. he also went on to say his PPI amp would put out more power than mine cause he has/had it bridged.

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Punk kids that couldn't even begin to build a box so they spent mommy and daddy's money to get someone to build theirs for them. Then they come up to you at a show and proceed to tell you what you should change to make your system better/louder.

Punk kids that couldn't even begin to build a box so they spent mommy and daddy's money to get someone to build theirs for them. Then they come up to you at a show and proceed to tell you what you should change to make your system better/louder.

seen way to many people do this. kinda sad

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Head Unit: Pioneer deh 4300ub

front stage: tbd

subwoofer: Stock Fi Q 18"

amp: Audio que 1200d

when people think bridging is some kind of super mode on an amp. example: i had a guy tell me if i bridge my mono stetsom id double my power. he also went on to say his PPI amp would put out more power than mine cause he has/had it bridged.

Yes another one I forgot.

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

Archived