Solo x 18 tuning?

Hi im new to the forum and car audio. So I got my first solo x18inch yesterday and am starting on the box but dont know a thing about tuning. I have read that 35hz is the way to go? Would you agree? I also dont know how to calculate a tune out?My box is going to be 10cuft= 20.5inch high, 49inches wide, and 17.5 thick. I took the tailgate out of my avalanche and dont want to be able to see the bed thats why its so wide. Can any one help me on tuning the box thanks.

did Dr. Subwoofer tell you to tune to 35 hz? And i'm pretty sure 10 cubes is pretty damn big for an 18...but i've never ran a solo x...what power do you have going to it

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

10 cu' would be a really big box for a single SoloX, but are you going to be pushing the full 5k to it?

You could really get that into a box about 1/2 the size and probably won't lose very much SPL. But, you end up gaining a huge amount of frequency bandwidth.

Chris - "The Apprentice" - Pandora's Box Customs

1994 Ford Explorer - "Midnight" - 4.0L SOHC

SoundStream PCX-1000D & Kicker S12L5

i like 35 hz it wont play like 28hz and lower....but idk it seems to keep me happy at that tunning ...and on your kicker are you going to run 5k to it?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

He never said if that's 10cubes before or after displacement...

Yeah, I guess. I just always assume that is what they want after displacment since almost all enclosure modeling software does not caluclate for it.

Chris - "The Apprentice" - Pandora's Box Customs

1994 Ford Explorer - "Midnight" - 4.0L SOHC

SoundStream PCX-1000D & Kicker S12L5

So i have been reading up on the forum and it seams no one is going by kicker specs on there boxes? The reason I wanted to do 10cuft was because thats on the manuel. I had 2 kicker l7 15s in 6cuft each and I liked them, wich is what they recomend. but Im new and dont realy have.anything to compare too. So thats why I wanted to go by the manuel. So what would you guys recomend? Im still waning to go 49inches long by 20-21 inches high to cover up all the space in my.avalanche midagate, if it can be done that is?

Ps I have seen those m

Ps I have seen those midgate sub boxes that fold down. But the cuft is small like 3cuft I was talking to a guy on ebay that makes them and I think he said he can make it a little bigger like 4-4.5cuft. And still make it fold down. I realy liked it but it seemed to small of air space. What do you think of like 2solox 10 or 12 in that space? Good?bad? Why am I so on kicker? When I like the solo x because of the fact that I can do my own recones.

Archived