2000 Dodge DCota (Work in Progress) :D

Well, guess it's time for me to make one of these. My truck is a 2000 Dodge DCota (seewhatididthur?) I have been driving it for a little over a year now, got it for my 16th birthday. It's a ugly truck, but it's my ugly truck and I love it :) Had some good times in it too, and on top of the roof, and the tail gate... But I digress. Picture time!

e6c8a1e7.jpg

a50ae3a6.jpg

Paint is fucked up, was like that when I got the truck. The salt water spray from the ocean messed it all up, the owner would leave it for weeks at a time near the sea. Sometime this year, we are going to try our hand at painting the truck ourselves, but that will wait till after audioz :D

Now onto build pictures. We will be attempting a wall with 2 DC Lv5 18s. We have never built one before, so this is a major learning experience, with tons and tons of trial and error. Hell, may not work out but we will see...

Supplies

81f89138.jpg

a31a0c37.jpg

Moving all this wood made us thirsty.

73efa3ee.jpg

I got to agree with Dustin, the wood is too fn'n expensive!

3ab84031.jpg

Soo, to build the false floor, we decided to fill in the empty spaces with expandable foam. It's a little unconventional, but it works!

b2093ae8.jpg

59861019.jpg

c4f17355.jpg

Dad cutting the foam to level it out. Yep, that's a turkey carver he's using :P

1e81ca70.jpg

Came out nicely.

53045621.jpg

Just about level.

c1e12aab.jpg

Our design includes two frames with bracing between them to attach to the false floor and MDF that will make up the wall. Here's one of them.

0ccc88a4.jpg

Here's another of my brother's holding them up. Came out nicely to me, fit's perfectly. NSFW, they has no shirts on. I warned yall ;)

d7e3a059.jpg

Got a little hungry. BBQ time!

24a817cc.jpg

That's all of the pictures for now. This build will be going as fast as we can do it, but it will be a slow one. The truck is a work in progress.

Plans for it include:

Front Stage

2 Sets of RF T1 6.5" Component Sets

1 Set of RF T1 4" Full Range

1 RF 360.2

1 DC 175.4

Substage

2 DC Lv 5 18s

2 DC 3.5k's at .5 each

Electrical

270A Mechman HO Alt

1 XS D3400 under the hood

4 XS D3100s in the bed

Shit ton of 0gauge

And the truck will eventually be getting some HIDs, tinted windows, gonna drop the bitch, paint it black, powdercoated rims, and whatever else we feel like doing. My truck will never go to a shop, if we can we do everything ourselves, even without the proper tools. Just takes some redneck engineering :drinks:

Umm, if I left something out tell meh. Thanks for reading... (Awaits my build log to end up on Fail thread of the day lol)

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Thanks! And Me too man. We Are in over our heads with this, figured that out already. Hell, we only have 3 months experience with Car Audio. But experience is the best teacher.

looks like a good start! cant wait to see where this build goes

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

this should get real loud, im interested to see how it turns out :) Subbed

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

bout time someone does shit like me...just because you don't have the best tools don't mean you can't make somethin sound good lol...this'll be a fun one to watch

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

^ lol, we're doing this by trial and error. Keep trying till something works, right? The only thing I'm worried about is not having enough space in the wall for a big port. We'll see though. We tested fitted the braces in the truck earlier, and it looked pretty good. I could picture the outcome, and I'll tell you know, it's coming out alot better than I was expecting. More updates tomorrow guys, off all day so me and dad getting some work in while Logans working. Then it's off to my moms for a few days, so that'll put the wall on hold.

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

Thanks for all the comments y'all, even though we don't have much done it's nice to see people taking interest. :D

Getting a little discouraged :( I'm really worried that the wall won't have enough airspace for two 18"s ='( we're gonna finish the wall and then see how much space we have, it's a slow process. Got the rear baffle on today and braced the backside of it with a bunch of 2x4s, so shouldn't see much flex out of it.

Someone experienced with wall, tell me this. What happens when a sub has a little too little airspace? Say, for 2 18"s, would 10 total cubes after displacements be really harmful, or what? I believe I'll have more than 10 cubes after all displacements, but idk how much more.

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

Archived