Rockford Fosgate
Welcome to SMD Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

T1000-1 Repair Estimate

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

Fennygolf

Fennygolf

135db

• Members
  • 670 posts
hello i bought a Rf T1000-1 off a fellow firefighter and i was wondering how much it would cost to get her running again havent tried to power her up yet im not wanting her to look pretty cause i can clean her up i just need her running again already have a sub ready for her to marry up too soo heres some pictures

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
we think these 4 capacitors are shot
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
on the corner of this cover piece where the protect/thermal/power lights are there a dried white liquid thought id throw that in there
Posted Image
Posted Image

thanks for all your help its an amp ive wanted for a LONG time just wish it would work hahaha any help at all is appreciated

thanks alot fennygolf(matt)

Mikesmith0890

Mikesmith0890

150db

• Known Scammer
  • 1,750 posts
just curious, but why is there a jumper cable from the remote to the ground??

RF charges flat rate pricing for amp repairs, its not pretty. But i'd check out ARC and see what they can do for you

AlphaDamp Sound Deadening CDL Mat - The best Vibration Damper Ever!

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

TeamHT

TeamHT

The FLUFFY eskimo

• 18+ All Access!
  • 10,419 posts
Um, RF may be a friend of the site and forum, but I do not think they actually have a technician on the forum who checks and does what you are looking for. I would try to contact RF directly instead of 3rd party.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Fennygolf

Fennygolf

135db

• Members
  • 670 posts

just curious, but why is there a jumper cable from the remote to the ground??

RF charges flat rate pricing for amp repairs, its not pretty. But i'd check out ARC and see what they can do for you

ohhh hahaha there isnt just got bored its 12 gauge wire for a remote and i just stuck it in there just shits and giggles

Fennygolf

Fennygolf

135db

• Members
  • 670 posts

Um, RF may be a friend of the site and forum, but I do not think they actually have a technician on the forum who checks and does what you are looking for. I would try to contact RF directly instead of 3rd party.

alright thanks im gonna give ARC a shout out also

BassJunkie

BassJunkie

No Thrill Unless Its Overkill

• Members

• 5,395 posts
The dried white stuff is probably thermal paste from the old owner taking the board completely out. (it gets messy) If the caps are bulged they are shot. Also it looks like two of those mosfets are crispy where the solder joint is.

Hopefully the old owner didn't attempt to fix it when he had the board out.

Good luck.

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Fennygolf

Fennygolf

135db

• Members
  • 670 posts

The dried white stuff is probably thermal paste from the old owner taking the board completely out. (it gets messy) If the caps are bulged they are shot. Also it looks like two of those mosfets are crispy where the solder joint is.

Hopefully the old owner didn't attempt to fix it when he had the board out.

Good luck.

i hope not either cause i hate the word hopefully

emperorjj1

emperorjj1

170db

• 18+ All Access!

• 5,020 posts
those solder joints all look pretty factory to me. rf flate rate is probably going to be expensive btw
J. JPosted ImageMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS Posted Image

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Fennygolf

Fennygolf

135db

• Members
  • 670 posts

those solder joints all look pretty factory to me. rf flate rate is probably going to be expensive btw

which solder joints are yall talking about?

emperorjj1

emperorjj1

170db

• 18+ All Access!

• 5,020 posts
to the mosfets caps do look bubbled thou.
J. JPosted ImageMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS Posted Image

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Fennygolf

Fennygolf

135db

• Members
  • 670 posts

to the mosfets caps do look bubbled thou.

nope those are factory

emperorjj1

emperorjj1

170db

• 18+ All Access!

• 5,020 posts
factory or not im saying they look liek they might be busted. if the top of the cap is flat then its probably still good but if it has a dome on it sorta then its probably broken. but it doesnt make a difference no one can really tell whats busted on an amp by looks. unless your board is burnt of the fets blew up where they burnt or broke apart theres little visual tells of broken parts. and even if there was thats never ever the "only" problem

make sure to tell whoever your getting estimates from that its an 05-07 T10001bd. alot of repair shops wont go near those amps with a 10ft pole because replacing fets is much harder then alot of amps out there.

Fennygolf

Fennygolf

135db

• Members
  • 670 posts
yeah they were thanks mike amp has been sent off to ARC for repairs