With the Ford just about finished I have decided to start another project. The Tahoe has changed quite a bit over the last two years, first the paint then lowered and wheels along with a little audio inside but it has always been an underpowered boat to drive. The suspension and wheels have made it ride a little sportier but the weight of the wheels has dropped the performance to unacceptable levels. I looked into freshening up the tired old 5.3L and adding a cam and exhaust but that wouldn't cut it. I thought about a front mount turbo kit or an engine swap for a 6.2L out of the new Camaro's but it just didn't work out that way.

Here is what almost a year of research and way too much money ended up going into the Hoe:

6L core bored and stroked to 408ci

Forged Callies rods and crank, and Wiseco pistons

Custom grind cam shaft

Long tube headers and magnaflow muffler

Magnacharger TVS2300 jackshaft supercharger

Built 4L80e transmission with Circle D 3k stall and shift kit

Added a Posi unit in the rear end for traction

Custom tune and dyno

I'm still waiting on the Magnacharger, it was a last minute addition. In stock form with the 26's on it only made 208rwhp so the new engine should nearly triple that number.

Should be a fun ride. The engine and transmission are in with the headers and stock exhaust in this vid:

Prob won't get any dyno info with the new engine until the SC comes in. Also I'm trying to keep it as stock sounding as possible so we've got a big magnaflow muffler coming that won't be much louder than stock at idle and cruising but it will let you know it's there at WOT.

This isn't going to drag out like the Ford has, the guy doing the work had the new engine and tranny installed in just a few days and now we are just waiting on UPS with the last of the parts.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

that engine sounds like a beast! cant wait to see dyno numbers

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

Nice, it sounds like that thing is gonna be a fun ride. I can't wait till I'm confortable enough with my expenses to get back in the performance game. This shit ain't cheap lol

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

Nice, it sounds like that thing is gonna be a fun ride. I can't wait till I'm confortable enough with my expenses to get back in the performance game. This shit ain't cheap lol

Thanks, don't know how comfortable I am with the bill either, it ended up being more than I paid for the Tahoe two years ago. I'm shooting for mid 600rwhp, any more than that I will start breaking stuff.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

With the Ford just about finished I have decided to start another project. The Tahoe has changed quite a bit over the last two years, first the paint then lowered and wheels along with a little audio inside but it has always been an underpowered boat to drive. The suspension and wheels have made it ride a little sportier but the weight of the wheels has dropped the performance to unacceptable levels. I looked into freshening up the tired old 5.3L and adding a cam and exhaust but that wouldn't cut it. I thought about a front mount turbo kit or an engine swap for a 6.2L out of the new Camaro's but it just didn't work out that way.

Here is what almost a year of research and way too much money ended up going into the Hoe:

6L core bored and stroked to 408ci

Forged Callies rods and crank, and Wiseco pistons

Custom grind cam shaft

Long tube headers and magnaflow muffler

Magnacharger TVS2300 jackshaft supercharger

Built 4L80e transmission with Circle D 3k stall and shift kit

Added a Posi unit in the rear end for traction

Custom tune and dyno

I'm still waiting on the Magnacharger, it was a last minute addition. In stock form with the 26's on it only made 208rwhp so the new engine should nearly triple that number.

Should be a fun ride. The engine and transmission are in with the headers and stock exhaust in this vid:

Prob won't get any dyno info with the new engine until the SC comes in. Also I'm trying to keep it as stock sounding as possible so we've got a big magnaflow muffler coming that won't be much louder than stock at idle and cruising but it will let you know it's there at WOT.

This isn't going to drag out like the Ford has, the guy doing the work had the new engine and tranny installed in just a few days and now we are just waiting on UPS with the last of the parts.

it would be easier to regear the rear end for more pep.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

• 1 month later...

Everything is done, trying to put some miles on it to break the engine in. Only have a 7psi pulley on the SC and it is strong. I've got to find someone that makes a pulley system for the truck that will accommodate a wider belt so I won't get slippage when we crank up the boost. After I get about 5k miles on this setup I'll push it to 14-18psi to see what it will do. The builder's dyno was reading some crazy numbers, I know it isn't 740rwhp with this little boost so he has got to have the machine calibrated so we can get some realistic #'s. Numbers aside it will smoke the 26's without even getting into the throttle, may be selling them and getting a light weight set of 20's or 22's with a sticky tire to help with traction.

I was going to start it up today to get a quick vid but the batteries are dead again, I think they are done cause I charged them yesterday and they sat overnight unhooked in the garage. I'll get a couple new ones later and have it running tonight.

oh yeah you will probably definitely get those numbers with the supercharger. im sure you are already at a good 400-450 with just the bolt ons and internals you have right now. some l92 heads from a new 6.2 would really wake that 6.0 up. dunno if they would fit alright seeing youve bored it out. but that motor will kick! i love 6.0's. i gotta lq9 6.0 in mine.

• 2 weeks later...

my plan to get a video fell thru, I broke the crank shaft pulley off the front of the engine while I was out driving and had it towed to my friends shop. Should be up and running again in a couple days. Getting new paint while it is down there so I won't see if for a couple weeks.

Archived