Second Skin Audio

i have the thickest fatmat in my doors and i hate it, but i didnt want to try remove it. some would fall off due to heat. what i found to keep it from coming off and to start doing its job, was i sprayed a half gallon of spectrem of each door. it now works great but no thanks to fatmat. just buy the second skin, theres a reason why it cost more. you get what you pay for.

Jeff, so you used Spectrum to hold the FatMat on? LOL how ingenious!

Has anyone used FatMat's MegaMat?

It's slightly thinner (70 mils or something like that), has a beige butyl adhesive, similar construction as AT's products and RaamMat's old rolled product?

It's better than FatMat's other two products but has a larger price tag (hints probably why very few people know about it or use it).

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Jeff, so you used Spectrum to hold the FatMat on? LOL how ingenious!

Has anyone used FatMat's MegaMat?

It's slightly thinner (70 mils or something like that), has a beige butyl adhesive, similar construction as AT's products and RaamMat's old rolled product?

It's better than FatMat's other two products but has a larger price tag (hints probably why very few people know about it or use it).

Jon, it worked well. It was the fatmat rattletrap 80mil but still garbage. Spectrem is the only way to go. It made that stuck solid and hard as hell.

Jon, it worked well. It was the fatmat rattletrap 80mil but still garbage. Spectrem is the only way to go. It made that stuck solid and hard as hell.

I think that is what I hear most about FatMat, yes it worked... but I wouldn't use it again because __________________. And fill in the blank with "it is sliding off", "it slid off", "it is garbage", "it made my vehicle smell like sh*t", and so on.

Glad you were able to save it with some Spectrum. :good:

usa_render4.png

for me its worked fine :pardon: i did notice a big difference

nothing has fallen off, it didnt even smell in my car. maybe the day i installed it but it never left a smell days or months after. i DIDNT install it on the roof tho so cant say anything as far as that.

I would buy it if i was on a budget, if u have the money to afford SS then go for that.

bro u installed which fatmatt ? or the dynamat

Jon ftmfw!!!! Honestly I have no deadener in my truck right now, but when I do get deadener I am going to get second skin JUST because of this thread and Jon! Seems like the kind of person I would like to deal with. Just straight up honest. Props man

Edited by kam311

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Jon ftmfw!!!! Honestly I have no deadener in my truck right now, but when I do get deadener I am going to get second skin JUST because of this thread and Jon! Seems like the kind of person I would like to deal with. Just straight up honest. Props man

Thanks, I really appreciate that!

I try to be as honest and transparent as I possibly can.

ajsmoke, not sure if I PMd ya or not, but the samples are in the mail. You should get them in 6-10 days (thats if I filled out everything out correctly...).

usa_render4.png

• 2 weeks later...

Nice posts a bit new to the site and just getting back into car audio, been out since about 2002. Very interested in the SS stuff I currently have B-Quiet which is what I used almost 10 years ago and it has the foil sliding off and runs everywhere and has actually ruined the carpet in the trunk, was looking into a way of removing till I read the part of spraying spectrum over it which I think I might be doing soon. It's also nice to see a rep who doesn't just bash on other companies.

Cheers

Nice posts a bit new to the site and just getting back into car audio, been out since about 2002. Very interested in the SS stuff I currently have B-Quiet which is what I used almost 10 years ago and it has the foil sliding off and runs everywhere and has actually ruined the carpet in the trunk, was looking into a way of removing till I read the part of spraying spectrum over it which I think I might be doing soon. It's also nice to see a rep who doesn't just bash on other companies.

Cheers

Welcome to the forums!

I hate hearing about any product sliding off... not cool.

Using Spectrum to plaster the B-Quiet with to keep it from further sliding would work, but isn't really all that recommended. It's kind of like painting over rust without treating it with anything. Yes it's covered up but it's still has that nasty stuff underneath it.

I would highly recommend taking a look at removing the B-Quiet (or at least the bulk of it) and then re-treating the panels with a higher quality product (Dynamat, SDS CLD Tiles, Damplifier, RaamMat, etc.). You will be much happier with the results and not have to worry about it later down the road.

The amazing part is that you still have the truck after 10 years! Most people change vehicles as often as they change underwear. :rofl: So I'm glad to see that.

And thanks for the kind words. No need to bash other companies, just let the products and service speak for itself. ;)

usa_render4.png