Second Skin Audio

If you HAVE to buy off of Amazon, buy the highest quality product you can.

I know there are a few other products on Amazon that are made in the US, cheaper than Dynamat, and perform spectacularly.

Stinger Roadkill?

Its what I'm using, and it does its job. But IDK how it compares to other product. Being that I don't have a bunch of cars to go and test these products on...

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Stinger Roadkill?

Its what I'm using, and it does its job. But IDK how it compares to other product. Being that I don't have a bunch of cars to go and test these products on...

That would be one of them.

It's made in the US, 76 mils thick (it's published to be 80mils, so it's within the ±5% range allowed).

And has a 4 mil aluminum.

It's one of the products that falls in the upper portion of the middle of the road... does that make any sense? lol

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Hey man...I have always used FatMat with limited problems. Yes, there has been some small pieces where teh foil slid off, but that is about the only issues I've ever had. No smell, ever! The adhesives never came off...even on vertical and upside down surfaces. Is it the best working product out there? By no means at all. But when I bulked up on mine, I was getting it for about $75 per 150sq/ft so naturally, I bought nearly 1000sq/ft of the stuff.

EDIT: I will say this though. Once I'm out of this FatMat, I will be ordering me a good amount of second skin. Heck, if I could get a sample piece *hint hint* and see if I like it, I would probably go ahead and put in an order so I can lay it on my front door and roof. I've just heard so much good stuff about the Second Skin I would like to try it.

Edited by BakermanINC

mivtCK.png

Stinger Roadkill?

That would be one of them.

It's made in the US, 76 mils thick (it's published to be 80mils, so it's within the ±5% range allowed).

And has a 4 mil aluminum.

It's one of the products that falls in the upper portion of the middle of the road... does that make any sense? lol

Perfect sense. Thanks for the info!

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

the fat mat in my burban on the roof started falling down yesterday when i left it in the heat for a few hours...looks like i got one hell of a project coming up :shrug:

Edited by RickyFriery97

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

I would remove the B-Quiet if there is an easy way the to do it but I tried taking a small portion off and it didn't go so well I only have part of the trunk and my doors done so I'll still be getting a nice order when I get around to getting some products from you all. Still trying to decide on what my buld will be. Thanks again Jon.

how does rockfords deadskin compare to second skin's best sound deadener?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I would remove the B-Quiet if there is an easy way the to do it but I tried taking a small portion off and it didn't go so well I only have part of the trunk and my doors done so I'll still be getting a nice order when I get around to getting some products from you all. Still trying to decide on what my buld will be. Thanks again Jon.

You're welcome. I know how hard it is to remove some of these products especially considering they've been on there for a few years.

how does rockfords deadskin compare to second skin's best sound deadener?

What way would you like the comparison? Spec wise? Performance wise? Price wise?

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png