Sundown Audio

AMP Recommendation for my Kicker 12" L7

FrikitonXplosion

Hello everyone, new here and new to the car audio.

I have a Cadillac STS with Premium Stereo (15 Speakers + 300watts amp Bose all factory) had a guy work on the car so I can be able to add an amp + sub.

I bought a Kicker VS12L7 today 2-ohm and would like some amp recommendations for it. The cheaper the better since I'm on a budget :(

I can look up most amps in bestbuy and ask my friend how much he can get it for me with his discount.

Do I need an amp that throws 750RMS like the sub or more or less ?

Thanks

Cadillac STS 2006

Premium Factory Stereo

Bose 15 speakers 300watts

Factory Navigation

1) Kicker 11VS12L72 (Dual 4ohm wired = final 2 ohm)

1) AMP: Pending

www.audiosavings.com has some good deals for amps

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

AudioQue FTW & DC has a nice amp

2001 is300Headunit: JVC KD-X50BTHighs/Mids: StockHigh/Mids Amp: NASubwoofer: DC Audio LV4 12"Subwoofer Box: DLDesigns Box tuned to 32HzSubwoofer Amp: AQ 2200DElectrical: NA Performance:SRT Racing intake with ECUHKS Super Dragger 2BC Racing Coilovers

BC 264 stage 2 cams

full head build with BC Valves, Retainers, and springs

Dezod Green Race Header Comming soon/Thinking about<p>Electrical: XS power under the hood (Suggestions Welcome)​Performance: BC Cams,Cam gears, maybe GTE Swap down the lineMy YouTube Channel Subscribe and i'll return the favor!Xbox Live Team Website.My First Official Box Build.My FacebooK

Depends on how loud you want to get, also on your box, that sub can take an AQ1200.1 for daily without any problems, but once again, depending on your box and if you don´t clip it, it´s one of the best bang for the buck amplifier out there!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I am new to car audio so I really have no idea, but I want to go loud or as loud as the sub can satisfy but not overkill it since I don't want to kill it like i did with my previous audiopipe bandpass I bought last year.

Whats the best recommended 2-ohm mono amp for this sub ?

I still don't know if I should get an amp that throws 2-ohm 700-750RMS or 1000RMS ?

Since the sub is 750RMS and 1000peak. I dont want to blow it, I want it to last for a long time.

Mostly I'll keep it low mon-thur and thur, fri, sat, sun might use it more since I'll be driving the car for fun those days and would like to use this kicker to its hype.

My friend works at bestbuy so I am trying to go that route first, since he can get me discount :)

He was going to get me this kicker from $450 to $250 but its soldout everywhere but I bought it through someone on craigslist.

Cadillac STS 2006

Premium Factory Stereo

Factory Navigation

That sub since it's the l7 it has dual coils so it can only be wired to eith 1ohm or 4ohm. So look at the ratings on amps for 1 or 4. Not 2. If you wanna go to 1ohm then make sure the amp is 1ohm stable

That sub since it's the l7 it has dual coils so it can only be wired to eith 1ohm or 4ohm. So look at the ratings on amps for 1 or 4. Not 2. If you wanna go to 1ohm then make sure the amp is 1ohm stable

I'm confused, i thought it was wired to be 2-ohm ?

Cadillac STS 2006

Premium Factory Stereo

Factory Navigation

The kicker l7 which is a square sub is dual coils. You do have the square L7 12" correct? The options are if you got the dual 2 that means there's two coils and each coil is two ohms. It can be wired in parallel for a 1ohm load at the amp. Or series for a 4ohm load at the amp. Dual coils in an easy way to put it is like two subs in one.

Archived