Sundown Audio

Having A Protect Problem

TheInfamousImpala

i think my ap fucked my rcas on my stereo cause when i used my cousins huge ass peavy amp cause he wanted a demo and i didnt have an amp his amp does 1000 rms at 2ohms so we hooked my rcas into that and ran that into the sub and plugged the amp into the outlet on the outside of my house and we had to turn the power amp all the way up to get any kind of signal. this power amp also has high ins so we then ran that from my 6x9s and it worked like a charm sept it was full range into a sub. but none the less the sub works perfect im gona run my ap in side right now off a batt threw my house stereo rcas to see if that does any good highly dobt it though but thats the only thing i could think of is the pinched cord only sending signal to the left side of the amp

im contemplating defeating the protect on it just to see if perhaps that is the problem. meaning what the amp uses to detect something wrong has gone bad.

even after doing so it still goes in and out of protect making a clicking sound i narrowed the sound down to around this area

zn253s.jpg

does anyone know what on this amp could be making that noise?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

• 3 weeks later...

bump any insight? on caco someone told me it could have been caused by speaker wires touching wich might have happend perhpas my leads slapped together. if this is the problem how do i tell. also does anyone on here fix amps?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Archived