DC Sound Lab

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE build log

hey guys this is my first build log. but technically my 4th "system" originally i had 2 Jenson 10" subs in a prefab 4th order. (crap) then i upgraded to a single 12" JL w3v3 and doubled that shortly after to 2 JLs. Thats was when i had a jeep and those things flexed the windows pretty good. (for a noob that didnt know alot) lol... But now i put them in my Nissan and they pretty much take over my whole trunk. So i wanted an upgrade with less box space... So i went to the 12" DC lvl 3. Thats what this build is for.

Changes to the car:

tinted windows

tinted taillights

Carbon Fiber vinyl hood/trunk

Pioneer headunit

Hifonics HFI1000.d (possibly soon to be an AQ 1200)

DC 12" lvl 3 (in a ported box)

box will be tuned to ~34hz

tintedwindows.jpg

trunk.jpg

Hood.jpg

The surround to fit the radio is a FAIL because it doesnt match the rest of my interior. so im gonna fix that. Dont know what im gonna do but ill think of something. Pioneerradio.jpg

2 JLs facing up port back. worked very well in my jeep, not as much in the Nissan.

Currentsetup.jpg

Hifonicsamp.jpg

re-doing this. might not look anything close to the same. New amp mount set up soon.

Amp.jpg

Tintedtaillights.jpg

More pics to come. Building the box this weekend with my dad. And unboxing the sub this weekend too. Should be at my house tomorrow, its too bad in about 3 hours away in college. :/ I got the red dust cap to kinda match my car. box will most likely have some red on it to keep the theme. and thanks for watching my build, any suggestions will be appreciated.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

That's a big box in the trunk. I bet it was fun puttin that thing in. I'm in for vids of the DC 12so hurry up. lol

2012 Nissan Altima SL

DC M2 Lvl 3 12" with AR cone

DC 1.2K Amp

Kicker Sum8

Kicker 4 Gauge amp kit

XS Power D2700

1.5 Cubic ft net tuned to 38Hz

haha ok. yeah it took a good while for us to figure out how to get it in there. lol... And my dad said that it just arrived to my house today so we are building the box and settin everything up this weekend. ...winning... ha... im also gonna play around with position of the box, see what sounds better.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

Nice build. And where did you buy that dash kit? I have the same car and ordered 1 off ebay and I got the right color. Kind of weird that yours came in black.

Heres the box I BARELY fit in the trunk of my 2000 sentra. Subs facing forward, seats down. Gets pretty loud!

photonah.jpg

If you want pics of it in the car, I can get some later if you want.

geeze thats HUGE! haha i got my dash kit from Radio Shack. i think, because its textured, im gonna sand it down and paint that and the surrounding plastic pieces so it matches. And i think in the future im gonna drop another DC in there and run 2 lvl 3s. so your box def gives me hope that i can fit them both. haha

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

geeze thats HUGE! haha i got my dash kit from Radio Shack. i think, because its textured, im gonna sand it down and paint that and the surrounding plastic pieces so it matches. And i think in the future im gonna drop another DC in there and run 2 lvl 3s. so your box def gives me hope that i can fit them both. haha

Yea man, my box is at the very MAX dimensions that can fit through the back trunk. If it was an inch bigger in width\height or length, it would have not fit. lol.

Edited by cccmaa

Ha NICE! when i put the JL box, thats in my trunk now, in there i had the covers on the subs and i had to dent one of them to get it in. Not a big dent but thats how tight it was. lol... because it was made for a jeep it has a hard time fitting in a sentra. :P but the DC box isnt gonna have any trouble fitting. lol

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

So got an update. got back to my parents house today and was baby was waiting on me! my DC lvl3 12" was here,

SUB.jpg

So we started on the box.

BOX.jpg

this is day 1 of the build. i honestly didnt expect to get this much done today since we didnt start till like 5 and end at 9 or so.

this box is gonna be double baffled, and after painting the port red i decided to do the whole box red!. :D

so tomorrow putting another coat on the port and the first coat on the box, cutting the holes in the baffle for the sub and finishing paint.

Letting it dry and everything over night, then wring and mounting the DC on sunday. Pics and possibly a vid (if i can figure out how to get a vid up on the forum) will be comeing both days.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

Looking good man. Hey you can get a can of Duplicolor Vinyl & Plastic paint that will make your stereo bezel match your interior.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Ok got an update. Box is finiished and bumpin! :D we thought we finished it last night when it looked nice and clean like this:

boxwithouttop.jpg

without the top, of course, but there were air leaks.... like alot of air leaks. lol... so we re glued the top and sealed everthing on the inside and put it back together... lets just say it doesnt look good. but "SPL doesnt look good either" so its all Good. O.o

Also i used 8 guage wire inside the box and out:

8guagewireandWooferbutt.jpg

8guageeverything.jpg

and some fancy splitter my dad magically had in the shop. lol

So we finished late and couldnt take any pics of the box does. so ill do that tomorrow and ill take a good vid. Probably use the song, "Nightmares from the Bottom" from the Carter 4 cuz that song BUMPS! lol.... so u'll see the finished product tomorrow.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU