Second Skin Audio

obsidian 18

bass_stalker

i cant wait

me either

i still want to do 4 OA 12s or 15s, but those 18s are sexy

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i cant wait

me either

i still want to do 4 OA 12s or 15s, but those 18s are sexy

i was seriously considering an aq hdc3 or a dc xl at first ,

i think im gonna go with this for now since its more budget friendly and i can get some experience with a 18 before i move up to the big boys

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Official pricing will be $189 plus shipping.

Pre-order pricing will be $158 plus shipping.

We will open up pre-ordering after we test the prototypes in their target enclosures (within a few weeks).

Electrodynamic

Power handling is not a power requirement! Don't install suckage!

Simon Eichenberger is the man.

My PM's are disabled.

And now i am contemplating getting some 18s :P Nick you are a dirty man, got me feelin the fever

~This is added to the post you have just read:

I appreciate everything you guys do, and I hope you understand how much it matters to have people like you helping me learn

thanks so much

~Check my youtube for my music and my car audio: http://www.youtube.com/1ohmstable

~Rip dustin 7-11-09

Memorial build log: http://www.stevemead...memorial-build/

how long do the preorders usually run before they ship out?

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Here are T/S parameters on the 18" D2:

Re: 3.5 Ohms

Fs: 26 Hz

Qes: 0.76

Qms: 4.40

Qts: 0.65

Le: 3.5 mH

Sd: 1217.3 cm^2

Vas: 170.1 liters

BL: 18.45

Mms: 437 grams

Cms: 80.8 uM/N

SPL: 88 dB (1W/1M)

Displacement: 0.25 ft^3

Mounting depth: 9.5"

Recommended sealed enclosure volume: 4 ft^3 to 5 ft^3.

Recommended ported enclosure volume: 5.5 ft^3 to 7 ft^3 tuned from 32 Hz to 30 Hz.

Electrodynamic

Power handling is not a power requirement! Don't install suckage!

Simon Eichenberger is the man.

My PM's are disabled.

Have you put it into an enclosure yet? If so what size did you like? I see the reccomendations, but I'm wondering if you had a specific size you thought sounded the best

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Archived