Mechman Alternators

Something wrong with my Mechman?

let´s just hope that, after i install that negative run , my voltage doesn´t drop below 12.8 - 13v using a single battery and 1600 wich isn´t bad at all :)

Curious to see the results after you install the negative run. Been lurking this thread since you posted it. lol

:popcorn::peepwall:

haha don´t worry, i´m gonna post some updates as soon as i can, i already recorded the voltage dropping to 12.5v now, there´s gonna be a before/after video for sure, fingers crossed!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

That's why the big 3 works..it upgrades your ground from motor and battery...the aternator back half case is the ground of it.it usually just uses the bracket as the ground through the engine block to the frame..put a 0g wire or 2 from mounting bolts to batterys..also do big 3 sir and how are

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

That's why the big 3 works..it upgrades your ground from motor and battery...the aternator back half case is the ground of it.it usually just uses the bracket as the ground through the engine block to the frame..put a 0g wire or 2 from mounting bolts to batterys..also do big 3 sir and how are

Exactly that, i already have the big3 but i don´t have that 0 gauge run from the alternator to the negative of the battery, i guess i´ll have the big4 then lol, i´m doing good old friend, what about you??? i miss your m4a´s :(

Good to see that you have an idea of whats wrong and how to fix it. Everyone makes mistakes that's how we learn. :drinks:

Yeah man, there are a few things that i´m good at and there are A LOT that i´m not, this one is one of them, and also, WALLS!! haha man i need to build one ASAP lol , cheers buddy :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I almost bought the m4as sir I had the m4s and do miss them best amp I've had so far...I have the dc 7.5 and I'm getting a 2nd one.. on mayhems now..in fact my 400a alt took a dive on me last week just got a email from eric saying its in line to be repaired...:-).. mechman makes quality alts....this is the 1st failure I've had..were as I had some other alts that failed on me 6 times....try the upgraded ground..were r your amps grounded in back? To the front battery only or frame?

TEAM DC AUDIO

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Man, hope the ground fixes you up. I know my alt is not a mechman(yet), but I noticed a pretty big difference when I added the ground. And I didn't even put it on the battery yet. So hopefully this will fix you up! :drinks: And I think I'm gonna go add another ground cable to mine now too! :clapping:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

I almost bought the m4as sir I had the m4s and do miss them best amp I've had so far...I have the dc 7.5 and I'm getting a 2nd one.. on mayhems now..in fact my 400a alt took a dive on me last week just got a email from eric saying its in line to be repaired...:-).. mechman makes quality alts....this is the 1st failure I've had..were as I had some other alts that failed on me 6 times....try the upgraded ground..were r your amps grounded in back? To the front battery only or frame?

I tested the m4a and man that´s a monster amp, but having 2 7.5k´s is just CRAZY, very nice upgrade indeed, you use a single 400 alt right? 12v system or you have some crazy step downs? hehe

I´m using a single DD m2a @ 0.5 ohms right now, i have 4 runs of 0 gauge that comes from the single hc2400 on front to the buss bars on the back, remember that i used 2 batts on the back but i started testing the SPL Gains topic and i haven´t came back to 3 batts again, so i have my 4 runs of wire to the buss bars, and from there, to the amplifier

Man, hope the ground fixes you up. I know my alt is not a mechman(yet), but I noticed a pretty big difference when I added the ground. And I didn't even put it on the battery yet. So hopefully this will fix you up! :drinks: And I think I'm gonna go add another ground cable to mine now too! :clapping:

Yeah mate, same here, glad to know that you got a big difference by adding that ground, if that´s the case, i´m surely gonna add the best wire i can get, maybe even some kick ass 2/0 welding cable lol.

I almost bought the m4as sir I had the m4s and do miss them best amp I've had so far...I have the dc 7.5 and I'm getting a 2nd one.. on mayhems now..in fact my 400a alt took a pdive on me last week just got a email from eric saying its in line to be repaired...:-).. mechman makes quality alts....this is the 1st failure I've had..were as I had some other alts that failed on me 6 times....try the upgraded ground..were r your amps grounded in back? To the front battery only or frame?

I tested the m4a and man that´s a monster amp, but having 2 7.5k´s is just CRAZY, very nice upgrade indeed, you use a single 400 alt right? 12v system or you have some crazy step downs? hehe

I´m using a single DD m2a @ 0.5 ohms right now, i have 4 runs of 0 gauge that comes from the single hc2400 on front to the buss bars on the back, remember that i used 2 batts on the back but i started testing the SPL Gains topic and i haven´t came back to 3 batts again, so i have my 4 runs of wire to the buss bars, and from there, to the amplifier

I have 3 alts... smd 350, 270, 400ball mechman..the 400 went out..also I have there adj harness .and 6 - xs d1400s 14v batts....

TEAM DC AUDIO