Sundown Audio

.5 ohm stable amplifiers

quarterback8793

Pretty much any of the monoblock VFL series amplifiers made by american bass

All of the DC amps should be able to do it too. Rockford fosgate t15k(lol), AudioQue, Digital Designs, etc aren't technically .5 ohm stable, but if you have the electrical to back it up - you should be fine

How high output of an alt are you getting? What batteries?

Unless you know what you are doing and have experience with limit pushing, just wire it up to 2 ohms and get an amp that can push the power you want at that. Much easier on electrical, less likely to release the mysterious blue smoke.

If you are really insistent on wiring it to .5 - just get a 1 ohm stable amp by any *good* manufacturer and you should be fine. The amp will seldom if ever see below 1 ohm anyway after box rise (but that's completely dependent on your box and vehicle)

save the money, if you can only wire to .5 or 2, get a amp that does the same power at 2 ohms, you will be thankful you did... wiring to .5 can cause so many issues, and alot of bad stuff...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

well im planning on ordering a 270 amp alt and i have a yellow top in front and im gunna get a kintetik 2400 i got a fi btl 18 right now..

I would ditch the yellow top and get a 'real' under the hood battery. Speaking from experience, they leech the life out of a good battery like the kinetik (resting voltage is at 12.4 vs almost 13 for kinetik). Have you considered XS power?

any of the american bass vfl amps but the 1000.1(unless you really know what your doing)

Stetsom

Sundown

DD

AQ

cactus

dc

crecendo

RD

and there are alot more i just cant think of them

You can run most good amps at .5 daily as long as you know what your doing and have the electrical system to back it up. I would try to stay away from amps that are internally strapped because most of them are 2 ohm amps and you are getting a little ballzy running them at .5 daily

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

i have had success running 2 d2 coiled alpine type rs and digital designs 2510s (different times) off of an AQ1200d and a DD M1C currently. I have big 3, 100 amp hour bat, and just a stock alt but voltage never below 12.7. I have had no problems running daily. But my success could easily be your failure. It really is different amongst setup. Too many variable to say wether youll be ok or not. Just get a good amp like stated abovve. Americn base, DD (personal fav), AQ, DC, etc. And you (should) be ok. no guarantees. amps arent warrantied under 1 ohm. only bad thing to consider. Im sure there are more though

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

if you decide on 2ohm power, something like a kicker zx2500d would do the trick.

As far as .5 stable, not many amps are warrantied that low, so few are techinically "stable", but there are plenty that will do it with no problems if you are a conscientious user

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

Archived