Second Skin Audio

How to get the most flex?

des343

Not the same, at all.

flex (flks)

v. flexed, flex·ing, flex·es

v.tr.

1. To bend (something pliant or elastic).

ex·cur·sion (k-skûrzhn)

n.

1. A usually short journey made for pleasure; an outing.

2. A roundtrip on a passenger vehicle at a special low fare.

3. A group taking a short pleasure trip together.

4. A diversion or deviation from a main topic; a digression.

5. Physics

a. A movement from and back to a mean position or axis in an oscillating or alternating motion.

b. The distance traversed in such a movement.

Okay how about this then if this make you guys happy the CONE excurse the Surround FLEXES...

happy? they are still relativly the same thing no not exactly but there isnt a HUGE difference

if the cone actually flexed, that would be an extremely shitty speaker. its a PISTON like a CAR PISTON. car pistons dont flex. if they did the car wouldnt run. i fail to see why the surround moving matters in any case whatsoever. you're just trying to recover from your own ignorance without apologizing to us for being a massive prick.

yeah cuz i was the one being a prick nd just bashing and dissing everyone...for NO reason yep you are completely correct sir

and the surround moving matters A LOT because if the surround didnt move NOTHING WOULD

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i fail to see why you keep trying. i thought you said you were leaving the forum cause we were such assholes to you but i guess you want to stay since we're the best car audio forum on the net.

i said that SQ post with literally no intention of being an ass. ask anyone. then you came in being all high and mighty and trying to be cool and trying to shut me down. i think you owe me an apology young man

Most WOOFER flex:

1. Gains and bass boost at max

2. Free-air subs

3. Volume knob all the way to the right

4. Magical smoke

5. Buy new woofers and repeat

Most VEHICLE flex:

1. Loosen all the screws you can find

2. Build the best box you can imagine

3. Young Jeezy

4. Rent a trailer

5. Scrap vehicle

6. Find new vehicle and, you guessed it, repeat

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

This thread is hilarious. :lol:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Flex is synonymous to bend. Excursion is an industry measurement of the "stroke" a speaker is capable of. Not even close to being the same thing. You mixed up your words, shit happens. Take the responses with a grain of salt, no need to be an ass.

in the industry yes..in general sense of the word and general knoledge no they still are pretty much the same im sorry to b argumentative but it is...so i may have chosen the word wrong but i knew what i meant and within my first couple of post i even clarified i meant excursion

i have no apologizing to do as i wasnt the one being a cock or the one that didnt read the thread or anything of the sort...

even some of the top audio makers themselves have used "flex" in place of "excusion"

Prove it. Show me where they use these words.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Not the same, at all.

flex (flks)

v. flexed, flex·ing, flex·es

v.tr.

1. To bend (something pliant or elastic).

ex·cur·sion (k-skûrzhn)

n.

1. A usually short journey made for pleasure; an outing.

2. A roundtrip on a passenger vehicle at a special low fare.

3. A group taking a short pleasure trip together.

4. A diversion or deviation from a main topic; a digression.

5. Physics

a. A movement from and back to a mean position or axis in an oscillating or alternating motion.

b. The distance traversed in such a movement.

Okay how about this then if this make you guys happy the CONE excurse the Surround FLEXES...

happy? they are still relativly the same thing no not exactly but there isnt a HUGE difference

if the cone actually flexed, that would be an extremely shitty speaker. its a PISTON like a CAR PISTON. car pistons dont flex. if they did the car wouldnt run. i fail to see why the surround moving matters in any case whatsoever. you're just trying to recover from your own ignorance without apologizing to us for being a massive prick.

yeah cuz i was the one being a prick nd just bashing and dissing everyone...for NO reason yep you are completely correct sir

and the surround moving matters A LOT because if the surround didnt move NOTHING WOULD

ok i just read this whole thread. and geez dude. When you dont know something or have something wrong people on here are going to straight up tell you that you are wrong and will help you fix it. its just that. They are trying to help you you just dont want to listen.

I think the main issue is that you dont know how a speaker (subwoofer) works. Which is where asking or searching for yourself comes into play. You ask and people will tell you straight. Stop getting butt hurt and realize that people know more than you. And your right, no one here knows you, but its pretty easy to see that you dont know as much as you think you know. And everyone starts out that way. You think steve always knew what he was doing? Nope, but he learned and now he really is good at what he does.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Archived