How To Do The Big 3: Tutorial

Guest MegaloManiac

so do you leave your stock wiring? just wondering...

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s

- KNU 0ga

- 60 SqFt Damp Pro

Lots more...

ok thanks

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s

- KNU 0ga

- 60 SqFt Damp Pro

Lots more...

you have a problem if you car is dipping into the 9s with 360rms. and youre stupid enough to let it dip there.

ouch. i said it dips into the 9's, not that i play them constantly at that voltage. my car's electrical seems to be fine. stock 70amp alternator in my civic right now. i'm thinking that the capacitor i have hooked up has a faulty voltage meter on it. dont worry, i use the cap mostly for the read out, i know they have almost no effect on your system's performance.

again, the big 3 has helped solve some of my voltage issues, but i havnt been really impressed by it yet. it is a MUST for high power systems, no doubt.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

ouch. i said it dips into the 9's, not that i play them constantly at that voltage. my car's electrical seems to be fine. stock 70amp alternator in my civic right now. i'm thinking that the capacitor that i have hooked up has a faulty voltage meter on it. dont worry, i use the cap mostly for the read out, i know they have almost no effect on your system's performance.

again, the big 3 has helped solve some of my voltage issues, but i havnt been really impressed by it yet. it is a MUST for high power systems, no doubt.

not if its dipping into the 9s
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

ouch. i said it dips into the 9's, not that i play them constantly at that voltage. my car's electrical seems to be fine. stock 70amp alternator in my civic right now. i'm thinking that the capacitor that i have hooked up has a faulty voltage meter on it. dont worry, i use the cap mostly for the read out, i know they have almost no effect on your system's performance.

What kind of wireloom and where did you buy it?

Also, if I decide to get the 0 guage flex wires at knuknonceptz, should I get blue and red and color code my wiring or should i just get the same color (blue) since I don't know how long of pieces I'd need?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

What size of that flex stuff did you buy?

http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searc...&srchPromo=

I've just spent about 120$ on knukoncept for my big 3 (bought like 20 ft of the flex wire for the hell of it).

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at this picture he's using the same ground:

Posted Image

Is it ok to use a different ground for Engine Block to Ground and Negative Battery to Ground?

My battery and engine block is on different sides.

Step 6 Split wire where required (add ring terminals if needed) and connect the ends to each side of fuse holder.

Step 7 Connect the last end of wire to battery (add ring terminal if needed)

"You have successfully upgraded the positive wire, now we move on to the grounds."

I'm confused. So after I've connected my fuse holder to the (+) battery, there is currently no fuse in the fuse holder?

In step 13 it says:

Step 13 Apply fuse to fuse block

So during this step I have to unscrew my knukoncept fuse holder to add the fuse in? Why didn't we just add the fuse in to begin with so we don't have to go back and unhook the fuse holder to add the fuse? (I'm using the same fuse holder as in this tutorial).

Archived