Sundown Audio

Amp tuning by ear...

michael_woodworth2000

At least ur honest that u set by ear and still don't run full tilt cuz u know its still clipping right on man

Pioneer AVIC F900BT double din

Stinger digital volt meter on dash

1/0 guage power wire positive and negative

Interstate 117ah battery in the back

2 runs 4 guage power wire from rear battery to amp

Power Acoustics Stax 5500

4 Powerbass m-15's(old style)

2 sets o2 5.25 inch components in front

2 Sony 5x7 in back

Sony 500 watt 4 channel

I set by ear(though I do it carefully) cause I have nothing else to use, not even a digital multimeter, only an analog multimeter, I'd love to invest for a DD-1, so I can tune my stuff right, and then do other people's cars for like $20 each tehe :D

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

right on man i do it for free for my friends havent thought about trying to make money from it

2 Sony 5x7 in back

Sony 500 watt 4 channel

Well, for my friends, I would do it for free cause they're my friends, though I only have a few friends with bass. $20 is for people who'd hit me up on craigslist.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Yea im gonna try that could make me some $$

2 Sony 5x7 in back

Sony 500 watt 4 channel

yes voltage drop causes the amp to output less power, so yes it will clip sooner. and CC1 isnt an addon to the DD1. its a completely different product with completely different uses.

edit: plus, how is it an addon if they dont hook up together? fail

i think he meant addition i think he knows not an add on feature

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

http://www.facebook....67262216706680/

A couple local guys say they can tune there amps my ear 100% distortion free. They think a dd-1 or o scope is a waste of money. I want to know if it is posible for the ear to pick up every bit of distortion. Here is link to the convo. The convo is the comments on the black sub box with 50+ comments.

Setting by ear never works. I remember not being satisfied with my system for a while because I set it by ear. I was constantly stopping, pulling over and trying to re tune it. It just never worked by ear. After I learned how to calculate how much voltage I should be using and started using my multimeter I felt a lot better, my system sounded better and my system was definitely louder. I just got my dd-1 and cc-1 in the mail today and can't wait to give them a try and see what improvements I notice. Too bad I don't have a legit meter so I can have a before and after measurements.

http://www.facebook....67262216706680/

A couple local guys say they can tune there amps my ear 100% distortion free. They think a dd-1 or o scope is a waste of money. I want to know if it is posible for the ear to pick up every bit of distortion. Here is link to the convo. The convo is the comments on the black sub box with 50+ comments.

Setting by ear never works. I remember not being satisfied with my system for a while because I set it by ear. I was constantly stopping, pulling over and trying to re tune it. It just never worked by ear. After I learned how to calculate how much voltage I should be using and started using my multimeter I felt a lot better, my system sounded better and my system was definitely louder. I just got my dd-1 and cc-1 in the mail today and can't wait to give them a try and see what improvements I notice. Too bad I don't have a legit meter so I can have a before and after measurements.

Yeah, I know that feeling of having to re-tune the amp over and over again, it gets really annoying. I'm gonna see if my teacher will let me borrow his digital multimeter, and see if that'll make a difference for me.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

yes voltage drop causes the amp to output less power, so yes it will clip sooner. and CC1 isnt an addon to the DD1. its a completely different product with completely different uses.

edit: plus, how is it an addon if they dont hook up together? fail

i'm not an idiot. an if you took me seriously i think you missed the fact i was clowning around with what steve said also.

NEUMAN

Archived