I don't know if this counts as a build because it's more of just a box build. but whatevs.

this is just something temporary i did with stuff i had lying around because i was tired of driving around with no bass.

i know it sucks, buuuut anyways on to the "build"

so the equipment list:

JL w0v2 12's from my very first system

Kicker zx2500.1 at 2 ohms. gain is a little over a quarter of the way up.

Alpine CDE-103BT HU with the KTP-445 mini amp for the speakers

Kicker Ks 6x8's in the front and rear

4 gauge power, 0 gauge ground (like a bawss!!)

so i started with a drawing. box is 3.5 cubes net tuned to about 33 with ~14 inches per cube of port

20120311_125127.jpg

then onto the build. this part should have only taken a few hours but my friends and i decided to mess around and hook eachothers systems up with eachothers amps... we're strange like that.

these pics were taken on day two after having to re-cut a few pieces because my friend thought he could freehand with the circular saw. needless to say he couldn't.

20120312_184151.jpg

20120312_190041.jpg

started sealing off the corners with a little wood glue and MDF dust because I didn't have any caulking and didn't wanna buy any. This worked well for a while until my parents got mad that i was tracking MDF dust into the house and had me sweep the garage floor. Parents are weird.

20120312_184359.jpg

getting the port on in this pic. this was about the time that my other friend came over and kept trying to clamp my balls. slowing progress even more.

20120312_195422.jpg

20120312_210551.jpg

20120312_210609.jpg

20120312_221753.jpg

now it was time to make the sub cutouts. i was without a compass, circle jig, or anything else that might have helped, so i improvised. tied a piece of string around a screw, measured the cutout radius, and taped a pencil to the end. I don't recommend this method.

20120312_225402.jpg

then i got the subs in and wired up. ran the wires through the port out of laziness.

20120312_235337.jpg

had to take out my back seats entirely and gut my trunk just to fit this thing in. my car is tighter than a virgin.

20120313_002907.jpg

aaand lastly some amp gut pics and a short video.

20120314_170431.jpg

she sounds pretty good for being temp. gets pretty loud, but definitely can't wait to upgrade. expect big things this summer ;)

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Looks good man! :good:

Haha @ your parents...my parents used to do the same thing when I was younger. They always complained about tracking shit into the house lol.

I actually hate where my HU is placed lol. I would have put it in the dash but the radio and climate controls were all one piece and i wasn't about to pay $200 for a kit. it's really hard to see what you're doing when you're on the road. but it definitely is theft deterrent. if i close errything up it just looks like a granny car.

I like the zx2500.1, it's a nice amp, but it's power hungry as all hell. switching to sundown this summer.

box is tuned to 33. gets down pretty well :)

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Archived