Audiopipe APK 5500 guts

theChief

UPDATE 4/11/13 Sorry ive been rather inactive on the forum for quite a while and i hadnt had the time or been home in a while to clamp it. SO IF YOUR HERE TO SEE THE RESULTS DONT BOTHER READING ANY FURTHER. So far theres a few gut shots and a quick video on page 6 from last august. I plan on actually clamping when im home this summer.

So here it is. I will be testing its output in about 3 week from now. I have everything necessary to clamp it after tuning with an Oscope.
I've seen lots of speculation around the web on this amp but nothing concrete. That's one reason i got it. After testing, we will see if Audiopipe has a top notch product. This is not an Audiopipe bashing thread. If the amp does not perform that will speak for itself. We shall see what it does...

DSC00856.jpg
DSC00857.jpg
DSC00858.jpg
DSC00859.jpg
DSC00860.jpg
DSC00861.jpg
DSC00862.jpg
DSC00863.jpg
DSC00864.jpg
DSC00865.jpg
DSC00867.jpg
DSC00868.jpg
DSC00869.jpg
DSC00870.jpg
DSC00871.jpg
DSC00872.jpg
DSC00873.jpg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The dimensions are approximately 26.75 x 9 x 2 inches. It weighed in at 25 lbs (that scale is often off, I will use another scale when I have the opportunity).

looks korean as expected.

Well it IS Korean. No doubt about that. The little "made in korea" text near the serial is the same font as on the american bass boxes.

Looks a lot like the rest of the Korean 5k amps out there. It would not surprise me if it put out good numbers. What is the price point on one of these?

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

Looks a lot like the rest of the Korean 5k amps out there. It would not surprise me if it put out good numbers. What is the price point on one of these?

exactly what im saying, cause it is the same pcb board, just maybe slightly different components.

VMI has it for about $890 shipped (the ones on ebay are from vmi). I got this one from a local shop. He is a friend of mine and has prices competitive to that of vmi.

Archived