Audiopipe APK 5500 guts

theChief

Larry thats the misconception im talking about. If you want to use the full preout voltage your sub voltage needs to be turned up. Ive never seen a head unit that gives full output voltage at 0. Ask Ray. He will tell you the same thing. Im very skeptical on any results being given now after a few of these posts.

ahh damn, is this on certain head units?

when i was setting my gains, i had everything at 0, and my amp would clip a little over 1/4.

Pioneer DEH 5000ub.

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

test it and find out. i dont bother with pioneer just dont like them. i know kenwood alpine clarion panasonic etc.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I have oscoped my kenwood and some others. sub output at 0.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

I have oscoped my kenwood and some others. sub output at 0.

And so have I. I got less than 1 volt out at 0

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

ok so now im curious N8.

in a NO clipping environment i have a question.

remember, this is a clip free question.

my head unit is at +5 out of +15 and my gain knob for my amp is about half. (SK-1500) (4v preouts KDC-X395)

does this mean my amp is working harder than it would be at +15 on the head unit and probably 1/3rd on the gain knob?

or do i get the same result?

my amp and subs stay luke warm at the moment, am i really affecting my equipment by not having it at +15?

remember, this is a clip free example.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

At 15 your he unit is providing full output of its pre out voltage. So if you have 4 volt preouts that's where you'll see four volts. If you set it at zero you really can't attenuate your woofer volume either. But as you can already see people will dispute it. Ask ray what he thinks of the subject.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

im sure rays pm's are disabled, so i'll see if he shows up here.

could honestly care less if they dispute it, they can do things their way thats fine. but i want to know if i need to adjust my tuning

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

on my pioneer, max unclipped volume id 61/62

at that level, clipping comes in at +3 or 4 of 6 on the sub level.

You may not always need full level output to reach pre out max. But most of the time yes. I've done this with at least 10 different head units so far. So if you're level out is at 0 of 15, you won't see shit imo.....

So lower sub voltage proportionally to max volume before clipping. Like N8 has said, have you tested voltage out with sub on 3? 4? 6?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Your volume control and tone controls are all usually at your preamp, and the preamp is designed to take care of any signal modifications you make to the signal BEFORE transmitting the signal to the amplifier.

If you were to compare loudness with subwoofer level at 15 to 0 sub it is easily noticable that with the higher subwoofer level, you get the same loudness at volume 10 where you would have to turn it up to 30 to achieve that loudness. Output voltage is directly related proportionally to the volume control, as previously stated, that is where modifications are made to the signal ie:music before sending it to the amp. Too much signal voltage into the amp and you can clip before you get high on the volume scale where as not enough voltage to the amp let's you turn the volume all the way up before clipping.

Depends on the headunit, but I normally have my sub level almost up all the way before setting gains. Allows me a higher range on the volume scale before clipping, louder bass at lower volume levels due to higher output voltage, but it comes down to preference. Also why we have line drivers :good:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived