Rockford Fosgate
Welcome to SMD Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

t1500-1bdcp infrasonic filter question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

zero6391

zero6391

120db

• Members
  • 88 posts
Okay i have a rockford fosgate t2d415 hooked up to a t1500-1 at 2 puma and want to tune the box to around 29 Hz should i still use the infrasonic on the amplifier or no? And is it okay to build the ported box bigger than suggested in the manual?( manual says 4 cu. Ft but I want to go 5 cu. Ft if it will give me more air movement. My goal is to do a hairtrick with one t2)

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS, (2) Rockford Fosgate T400-4, (4) Rockford Fosgate T1652-S Component Sets, (1) Rockford Fosgate T1500-1BDCP, (1) Rockford Fosgate T2D415 in a ported box (5.5cu. ft. tuned @ 37Hz), (1) Optima Yellow Top under hood, (1) Shuriken 80 amp batt in the back, 2 runs 0 AWG OFC Rockford Fosgate wire, Big 3 upgrade on front and back battery, Stock Altenator (90 amps), RF RCA's, Kicker 12AWG OFC speaker wire, Stinger roadkill sound deadner all over the inside of the car

BassJunkie

BassJunkie

No Thrill Unless Its Overkill

• Members

• 5,393 posts
Well you should wire at 2ohm and not 2 pumas, that could get dangerous.

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

LT.Smoke

LT.Smoke

Fearless Cloud Chucker

• Super Moderator

• 11,577 posts
Can i ask WTF is "2 puma"

We have a new amp impedance rating???

** FYI Pumas are Gnarly ass animals and will F**K you up if provoked**

Edited by LT.Smoke, 07 April 2012 - 11:03 PM.

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Team Action Co captain

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Bowhunting.com Team 16 Fatal Trajectory 2013 Hunting Team

Sig_zps6a08b0cd.png

http://www.stevemead...<< Accord Build

http://www.stevemead...la T-line build

Katt

Katt

Soccer Mom SPL

• Members

• 1,086 posts
Where do you buy these pumas you speak of my good sir? I want some for my setup!

*92 Civic Sedan Walled - Sold equip / Wrecked :(*

*89 Foxbody 5.0 Convertible - Work in progress for fast! :)*

first rule of decaf is not to talk about decaf

zero6391

zero6391

120db

• Members
  • 88 posts
Lol sorry I meant to say 2 ohms but for some reason my phone autocorrects the word ohms into puma

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS, (2) Rockford Fosgate T400-4, (4) Rockford Fosgate T1652-S Component Sets, (1) Rockford Fosgate T1500-1BDCP, (1) Rockford Fosgate T2D415 in a ported box (5.5cu. ft. tuned @ 37Hz), (1) Optima Yellow Top under hood, (1) Shuriken 80 amp batt in the back, 2 runs 0 AWG OFC Rockford Fosgate wire, Big 3 upgrade on front and back battery, Stock Altenator (90 amps), RF RCA's, Kicker 12AWG OFC speaker wire, Stinger roadkill sound deadner all over the inside of the car

RooTxBeeR

RooTxBeeR

170db

• Members

• 4,547 posts
No, RF Power amps are preset to 28Hz SSF. If your tuning to 29Hz you will completely defeat the purpose of tuning that low. ALso general rule is to set a subsonic filter either 3-5Hz below tuning, so I would say try to tune to 31-32Hz with those subs if you would like to use the SSF

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

Old Deceased Build

'91 Honda Civic Hatchback

Current Build

'04 Ford Escape

1Awg positive run to the back 
TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
Pioneer DEH-80PRS
Rockford R1652-S In Front
Rockford R1675 In Rear
RF R300-4
AQ750 @ 1 ohm
8.0Cuft box @ 32Hz
(2) 15" Skar IVX-15

zero6391

zero6391

120db

• Members
  • 88 posts
Alright then thanks for the help on the filter but is it okay to make a big box and will it give me any advantages

emperorjj1

emperorjj1

170db

• 18+ All Access!

• 5,015 posts
yes
J. JPosted ImageMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS Posted Image

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

zero6391

zero6391

120db

• Members
  • 88 posts
Okay what are the advantages of a bigger box?

Katt

Katt

Soccer Mom SPL

• Members

• 1,086 posts
Bigger box - less power.
Smaller box - more power.

Cant exactly remember why, but that's one thing to remember.

*92 Civic Sedan Walled - Sold equip / Wrecked :(*

*89 Foxbody 5.0 Convertible - Work in progress for fast! :)*

first rule of decaf is not to talk about decaf

RooTxBeeR

RooTxBeeR

170db

• Members

• 4,547 posts
Bigger boxes are usually used when you are putting under RMS to the subwoofers and/or tuning low. The bigger airspace allows the subs to handle the lower power with better efficiency and handle the lows better also.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

Old Deceased Build

'91 Honda Civic Hatchback

Current Build

'04 Ford Escape

1Awg positive run to the back 
TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
Pioneer DEH-80PRS
Rockford R1652-S In Front
Rockford R1675 In Rear
RF R300-4
AQ750 @ 1 ohm
8.0Cuft box @ 32Hz
(2) 15" Skar IVX-15

honolulublue

honolulublue

120db

• Members
  • 62 posts
i have the same sub but it is 2 ohms and running the 1000.1 bdcp, what tuning did you decide on building on

Edited by honolulublue, 20 May 2012 - 07:18 PM.