Mechman Alternators

need help guys wiring up my new mechmans

hey guys just got my triple alt setup installed but had a few questions on a relay wire harness thing? not sure if i got it from mechman or dc when they sent me the bracket but any help is much appreciated iphonepics036.jpg the pins in the 2 plugs of the harness dont line up with the alterator plug pins iphonepics039.jpg now each alt came with one of these plugged in to it iphonepics037.jpg so i plugged in 1 and hooked up the blue and white wires and a power to the regulator box and it seemed to regulate it fine. so my question is would i just combine the 3 blue and 3 white wires and run them to the regulator box with a power? that seems to make the most sense to me but where does that harness come into play? any help is appreciated trying to get this thing running at full power!

wish i could help but not an expert at this, you gotta understand its the weekend, everyone is either partying, jerking off, or having sex with their neighbors wife. Waiting is the only option :(, someone will respond soon enough

build coming late April, early May

build log for 1 LVL 5 18" 87%ish done : http://www.stevemead...ab-dc-lvl-5-18/

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Slt Laramie

Amplifier - AQ3500d.1

Sub - DC LVL 5 18"

Highs - (2x) Selenium ST-350 Super Tweeters 8ohm

Mids - Selenium 6" 200w midrange 6W4P (pair)

Mids/Highs Amp - MB Quart ONX4.125 1000watt 4 ch

Wiring - XP Flex 25' Red, 25' Black

Alternator - Mechman 270amp

Battery - XS power D3100, 1- Yellow top front

more to come...

This is NOT a Mechman harness. I would recommend contacting DC with your connection questions.

One wire will be for the field, that goes to the regulator FLD, one will be negative, that goes to the NEG on the regulator. Keyed power goes to the POS terminal from switched, relay power. Then you ground the NEG to chassis.

As for the connections in the plugs going to different pins or how they want this wired up, that's not something I am aware of as I didn't sell it.

Hope that helps.

this is the reply that took a week to get from dc

thank you for your inquirery

the harness we sent you are simply to exice an internally regulated alternator, in order to get the issue resolved with the externally regulated unit you have you will need to contact mechman for further assistance. wtf really? i gave a detailed description and gave pics with the question and why would they tell me to contact you when the relay is from them? makes no sense

Here's what I can see after looking at it further. Keep in mind that I don't know exactly what alternators you are running and how they expect the harness to be connected.

Off each alternator you will have a FIELD and GROUND lead. Connect these to the FLD and NEG on the external regulator. I believe one of your plugs is pinned wrong, but can't be sure without knowing what was done to the alternator for the external conversion.

If you have one unit working and regulating properly you should be able to connect the other with the provided harness to the regulator just like the functioning unit. If it's pinned wrong you will need to switch it around to connect properly.

The relay is for the switched key-on power? If so that goes to the POS on the external regulator, then run a small ground lead from the NEG of the external regulator to chassis ground.

What alternators are you using in this install?

What regulator is in the alternator?

im using 3 of the new 350 amp gm line alts u have and yea thats how i imagined the field and grounds would wire up. i dont know what the relay is used for i got another reply from dc they said the only harness they provide with their triple bracket excites a 4 pin gm internal regulater. they said to ask you how to excite the alts with the harness that YOU provided me. so i guess their saying you gave me this harness lol. not sure what u mean by which is in the alternator but the external regulator box you sent me says transpo electronics voltage regulator and has the numbers 911-02R max field current 15 amps thanks very much for any help i just wanna get this thing set up

12V 2561 CN