Welcome to SMD Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2003 yukon denali with bose amp integration

17 replies to this topic

tejarillo

tejarillo

120db

• Members
  • 78 posts
So i want to install an amp in my friends yukon denali and it has bose premium sound and i want ti keep it stock but i cant find any integration units that say the specific model and year and that are compatible with bose so if u guys have any experience with them just point me in the right direction

tejarillo

tejarillo

120db

• Members
  • 78 posts
Anyone have any input

matt14

matt14

150db

• Members

• 1,772 posts
Garage View Garage
Pac sells something to retain the factory amp when installing a aftermarket head unit.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemead...and-bats/page-3

01ExSport

01ExSport

125db

• Members
  • 266 posts
if i'm not mistaken, the escalade harness from pac was like ~$130-160. But yes, they do sell them. You could probably just enter your car into the crutchfield car selector and find it fairly easily.

tejarillo

tejarillo

120db

• Members
  • 78 posts
Well none of them says that they are compatible with a 2003 yukon denali with bose premium sound or if any of you guys know what wires to splice right after the stock amp to install a regular inline converter

JasonJones

JasonJones

140db

• Members

• 820 posts
You'll want the GMOS-04 wiring harness. The head unit you go to install will need two sets of RCA outs for front and rear, and it he wants subs a third set. It will be able to integrate no problem at all.

Edited by JasonJones, 16 April 2012 - 07:07 AM.

tejarillo

tejarillo

120db

• Members
  • 78 posts
This could work but im planing on leaving the stock head unit in i just need like a line output converter thats has rcas for an amp that im installing

tejarillo

tejarillo

120db

• Members
  • 78 posts
So i installed the line output converter that i got at walmart and i hook it up the two front speakers and i am barely getting the subs to move idk if i did something wrong or if the output converter is low quality can any help me im installing it a in a 2003 yukon denali with bose premium sound

JasonJones

JasonJones

140db

• Members

• 820 posts
You need to get a better LOC. I recommend the Axxess one. Also you tapped into the front drivers side positive and negative? And you got the midrange factory wiring right?

blownengine

blownengine

155db

• Members
  • 2,127 posts
  • Interests:Car audio, engines, wood working, engineering, everything cars
The Bose system has filters on it from the factory. If you tapped into speaker outputs then you won't get any bass because it is filtered out. You need to take off the side panel in the back and tap into the sub output.

My friend had the exact truck and I made the same mistake first time I installed equipment.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi) Alpine CDA-105 KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3 DC Audio 1.2K (Bass) Pioneer 6x9's (Front) Pioneer 6.5's (Rear) Kicker 3.5's (Dash) Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)  

Nasty1

Nasty1

130db

• Members
  • 317 posts
U can use the loc u got just find the subwoofer + & - and bang away. Just remember that with bose systems the higher u turn it up the bass fades .
2 DC Audio lvl 4 xl 18s D .7s walled off @ 30 hz 19 cubes net 245sq in of port Sundown 3500 @ .7 Ohm Sundown 100.4 Rockford Fosgat Power Series 5.25 Dash 6.5 Kicks 8 Coaxils Doors 250 mechicman alt 1 red top under the hood 2 yellow tops in back big 3 with 1/0 knukonceptz wire 3 runs of +/- 1/0 knukonceptz wire IT LBS

tejarillo

tejarillo

120db

• Members
  • 78 posts

You need to get a better LOC. I recommend the Axxess one. Also you tapped into the front drivers side positive and negative? And you got the midrange factory wiring right?

I tap the 2 front speaker both right and left idk if those are the midrange since the sub is inside the center console i think? I might be wrong

tejarillo

tejarillo

120db

• Members
  • 78 posts

The Bose system has filters on it from the factory. If you tapped into speaker outputs then you won't get any bass because it is filtered out. You need to take off the side panel in the back and tap into the sub output.

My friend had the exact truck and I made the same mistake first time I installed equipment.

What side panel? Are u talking about the harness behind the headunit

01ExSport

01ExSport

125db

• Members
  • 266 posts
Erm, Not sure if it's the same, but in a '00 Escalade the factory amp was in the center console. Had to take out the entire thing to get to it, but only took like 15 minutes.

tejarillo

tejarillo

120db

• Members
  • 78 posts

Erm, Not sure if it's the same, but in a '00 Escalade the factory amp was in the center console. Had to take out the entire thing to get to it, but only took like 15 minutes.

Well i been searching in other forums and some say that i have to remove the two fronti seats in order for me to be able to remove the center console

Ray

Ray

175db

• Super Moderator

• 8,815 posts
The sub wires are right below the cupholders. Just pop out that panel.
It pulls straight up.
Colors are green with white stripe and blue with white stripe i think.
The sub is dvc so there will be 2 twisted pairs they are all by themselves. They connect to a 4 pin white plug down in there.
2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

tejarillo

tejarillo

120db

• Members
  • 78 posts
Im going to check thanks for all the input

So i check and ill i found was a green with black and one blue with white wire i thinks these come from stock hu since theres only 2 1 of each color should i connect the converter here

Edited by tejarillo, 20 April 2012 - 04:53 PM.

tejarillo

tejarillo

120db

• Members
  • 78 posts
Ok so finally after a few trial and error i found the sub + and - wires in the stock amp wirimg harness and the aftermarket amp and subs hit hard but now i have encountered a problem i cant control the volume i only have options off or on high can anyone help me

By the way the 2 wires for the stock sub is orange with black stripe and the other is green if anyone wants to know

By the way nasty1 u were totally right the higher i turn the volume the quieter the system sound although i cant lower it

Edited by tejarillo, 25 April 2012 - 04:06 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users