How To: ELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/Fit

Appreciate the support bro :good:

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this HO mode, can stay on or will it destroy the alternator? If I have large voltage drops causing my amp to shut off for a few seconds then come back on... would this help?? I have checked my power and ground, everything is secure and tight.

99' Honda Civic EXBuild LogSMD GarageHeadunit- Sony Xplod CDXGT55UIWFront/Rear amp- 500watt Sony Xplod 4/3 channelFront Speakers- x2 Rockford Fosgate PrimesRear Speakers- x2 Pioneer TS A6964R

Sub amp- American Bass vfl 80.1Subwoofers- x2 C2Audio 4ohm DVC

i would imagine this H/O mode is basically like running with your A/C on everywhere you go. which a lot of people do.

will it alone destroy the alt? uhh, i honestly want to say if it could kill your alt, it would take a really long time unless your just relentless on your alt with your bass 24/7.. meaning that you full tilt it pretty much anytime your in the car

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Yes and no. Yes you can leave in in the HO mode (simply disabling the ELD) and you will notice better voltage, but you will most likely shorten the life of your alternator. Running your alt at 100% output will slowly take its toll.

HatersGonnaHate, I started this awhile ago and never got around to finishing it. Can you just get the relay/plug at a local Radio Shack? Also Do you now of an easy way I can test the three wires with a dmm to figure out which is which? (used the same kind of wire and lost my cheat sheet for the identifying markings i put on them [superfail] lol)

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

4 RF Punch 6.5" Components

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

XS Power XP950 +&-run of XScorpion 1/0 OFC My Civic Build

What if i do this and also upgrade to four gauge wiring for my alternator?

99' Honda Civic EXBuild LogSMD GarageHeadunit- Sony Xplod CDXGT55UIWFront/Rear amp- 500watt Sony Xplod 4/3 channelFront Speakers- x2 Rockford Fosgate PrimesRear Speakers- x2 Pioneer TS A6964R

Planning on doing it this week if I have a chance. Ill post results for ya. Thanks man!

subwoofers - two eclipse 88120s

box - 3.4 cubes tuned to 32 hz

amps - aq1200 and pheonix gold zx450

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

6.1 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz in a civic hatch

Im guessing from your sig that all together your running about 1500watts rms? How big is your main power & ground wires? Do the big 3 (in 0ga if you can its worth it, but 4ga is better than nothing) and make sure you have AT LEAST 4ga power and ground wire. Surf some of the pinned threads HERE and you'll learn alot.

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

4 RF Punch 6.5" Components

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

XS Power XP950 +&-run of XScorpion 1/0 OFC My Civic Build

So this HO mode, can stay on or will it destroy the alternator? If I have large voltage drops causing my amp to shut off for a few seconds then come back on... would this help?? I have checked my power and ground, everything is secure and tight.

I wouldn't recommend keeping it on all the time, that's why I mentioned a switch being in the circuit, so you can turn it off and on at your own free will. It won't work miracles for your voltage drops, that's why if your running big equipment, you need the correct power to back it up (extra batteries, H.O. alt, multiple runs of 1/0 gauge). The only thing this bypass does, is keep it on a 14.2-.14.6 charging voltage when you flip that switch.

HatersGonnaHate, I started this awhile ago and never got around to finishing it. Can you just get the relay/plug at a local Radio Shack? Also Do you now of an easy way I can test the three wires with a dmm to figure out which is which? (used the same kind of wire and lost my cheat sheet for the identifying markings i put on them [superfail] lol)

Yes you can pick the relay up at a Radio Shack or any auto parts store that carries the "Bosch Type" relays. At the moment, I don't know the voltage or the ohm readings on the wires, but I'll try to find them for you! In the mean time, or if your impatient lol, cut back the wire loom on the main harness that it goes into and trace those wires and identify them.

4 gauge will help voltage drops, hell, anything that's bigger than the shitty stock wires will help lol. If you can get your hands on some 1/0 gauge, I'd recommend doing the entire big 3 in that.

Planning on doing it this week if I have a chance. Ill post results for ya. Thanks man!

Sounds like a plan man! Keep me posted and good luck!

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Im guessing from your sig that all together your running about 1500watts rms? How big is your main power & ground wires? Do the big 3 (in 0ga if you can its worth it, but 4ga is better than nothing) and make sure you have AT LEAST 4ga power and ground wire. Surf some of the pinned threads HERE and you'll learn alot.

Yeah, My main power and ground is 4gauge. And I might be able to get my hands on some 1/0 Gauge wiring.

I guess this is the cause of my problems I'm having. I will be doing this to my car, thank you for this thread and bringing this to my attention. Did you have any gains at idle with your music playing?

My Build Log

95 Honda Accord

Nook HD+ tablet

Team Ascendant Audio 18"

2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D

Crescendo Audio C1100.4

2006 Civic, Fi SP4 12", bc3500

Build log

Archived