The Rodeo: 4 Zv4 15s: 6th Order: 4 SAZ 3500s: Small Updates pg 39

Nice build man.

One thing though, where you have 2 runs of 0awg that go through the floor to the Sundown; get a couple of grommets on there.

You don't want it to short out and make your truck smoke!

Also, did you use perspex or something over the peeky holes to show the amp guts?

I always wanted to do that but I have RF Power series amps now and I think their lids are part of the cooling convection system.

Defo going to use Sundown next time round though!

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Thanks for lookin out. The wires going through the floor actually have several layers of gorilla tape around them and silicone where they have the chance of contacting the truck. I couldnt find large enough grommets so I was definitely not trying to have my truck BBQ lol

The covers for the amp guts are 8 inch diameter 1/4" thick peices of acrylic I got pre cut from TAP Plastics. Something like $7 each. If you are ever doing something with plexi or plastics or fiberglass, TAP plastics is the way to go, they are amazing. They have a store 15 minutes from my house but I think you can order online too.

Team NorthWestSPL

Nice!

^Thanks for lookin out. The wires going through the floor actually have several layers of gorilla tape around them and silicone where they have the chance of contacting the truck. I couldnt find large enough grommets so I was definitely not trying to have my truck BBQ lol

The covers for the amp guts are 8 inch diameter 1/4" thick peices of acrylic I got pre cut from TAP Plastics. Something like $7 each. If you are ever doing something with plexi or plastics or fiberglass, TAP plastics is the way to go, they are amazing. They have a store 15 minutes from my house but I think you can order online too.

Here ya go

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-4-I-D-X-1-O-D-SNAP-GROMMET-100PK-/290715222960?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43affa43b0

I think it looks really good, but im wondering why the C pillar wall if youre losing the back seats anyway??

Goodluck @ the show tomorrow

(2008) Florida State Champion Bass Race 140-149.9

(2008) Florida State Champion Bass Boxing Middleweight Class

Thanks!

$20 for 100 grommets...could be a good investment haha

The original plan/reason for the c pillar wall was to build some sort of "truck seats" in the back there on the false floor so I could still fit 4 people in the car...I kinda doubt now if I will ever get to it though before wanting to rebuild.

But, it is also pretty convenient to have that extra space back there for golf clubs, camping gear, backpacks(still in college), etc. So i figure its not a total waste. Ill wait til I get a second car and then go nuts at the b-pillar

Team NorthWestSPL

Cool deal man, well Glad I could help a little. I picked up a bunch of these, they work really well....5/8 is more the proper size, but with some of the wire we use being oversized, the extra 1/8 makes life a ton easier.

(2008) Florida State Champion Bass Race 140-149.9

(2008) Florida State Champion Bass Boxing Middleweight Class

Well just got back from the show and I am pretty happy with the numbers I saw!

I didnt get any pictures but it did a 148.6 all sealed up and a 150.6 drivers window down both at 40hz voltage holding at 14.1 on both burps.

With some more meter time and a few adjustments I am pretty sure I can see a 150 sealed up relatively easy so that is my new goal by the end of summer. I was using some weird test tones I had to try to find my peak and everything from 45hz to 30 hz was within 1 or 2 decibels and the tones were recorded +or- 3 dbs of each other so I just kinda picked 40hz since it was the loudest I had with me.

Next steps:

1) take some time to find my peak

2) try and turn the gains up a bit

3) glass/resin and smooth out the inside of the box (still raw wood)

4) this will all be done with my daily tune of 32 hz so if i still dont have my 150 sealed ill try raising the tuning a bit ( i can go as high as 35 with my current box)

Team NorthWestSPL

How does it sound?

Does the roof flex much? I know you put 1/2" up there but that box is shiftin some air!

Also, more out of curiosity, you could make a port bung for the middle section to reduce the port area and see if you get any real world gains? A friend of mine just reduced his port by nearly half and gained about 5db! It didn't look good on whatever program he was using but it damn sure made a hell of a difference.

I have had a few of these jeeps. In the UK they are called Vauxhall Frontera's :)

glad to see you made it to the forum.. i had a feeling you would chime in on this. there are some real knee slappers that happen in this sub forum.. so be prepared.

Archived