The Rodeo: 4 Zv4 15s: 6th Order: 4 SAZ 3500s: Small Updates pg 39

Just caught up on a week's worth of updates. Sick work.

Just caught up as well and damn.....just jealous of everything, love what's been done here, those are great scores on ONE AMP! can't wait to see once all is hooked up. Those caps made a difference, wow! I like how clean the back looks too, you did a great job man, and the gear you used...... :droolcup:

wicked nice man.... wicked nice

Awesome setup!!

Thanks guys! Time for more updates. I have all 4 amps in and all 8 banks of caps installed and it is playing...time to get caught back up...

Team NorthWestSPL

So we'll start off with a bit of suspension work. The rear has been sagging badly ever since I added all the batteries. I bought some new OME HD leafs back in february not realizing they were on backorder everywhere...7 months later they showed up! So swapped those in and replaced the shocks all around. It leveled things out quite nicely, drives much better, and I think and I am really liking the look too.

Before: Literally riding on the bump-stops in the rear, I had to squeeze both my fingers in there to take that picture.

IMAG0967.jpg

I don't know why i never took a straight on side shot of the stance but this is what I've got lol

IMAG0968.jpg

And After:

IMAG0969.jpg

IMAG0973.jpg

:wub:

Team NorthWestSPL

Starting on the turn-on circuit layout.

IMAG0987.jpg

This seemed like it would work well.

IMAG0988.jpg

Built a quick back plate out of 1/4" MDF

IMAG1018.jpg

Gave it a coat of resin, drilled mounting holes.

IMAG1019.jpg

And, after several layers of plasti-dip I attached the terminal strips.

IMAG1025.jpg

IMAG1028.jpg

Not a lot of connections for now. It is only turning on the volt meter and the 6 amps but I have plans to add some lights, and fans for cooling and maybe another amp so I need all the room to expand.

Team NorthWestSPL

why a 6th? and i mean that in a technical sense.

I loved watching Yeuy's 4runner build on here and it "inspired" my interest in 6ths. Also, I liked the idea of a unique challenge. But, from a technical standpoint, I saw a 6th order as a way to gain very high efficiency while maintaining respectable bandwidth. My limiting factors in this build would be electrical simply due to the fact that I have only been able to fit 220 amps of alt in it. But, I had no shortage of space (well a bit more would have been nice but still lol).

I'm still very much enjoying this. Pics or die!

Haha about 50 more to come and videos this weekend...

Started work trimming out the rear doors...I have plans to do this up a bit more with some fiberglass trim panels and completely hide all of the amp wires but its low down on the priority list so this will do for now.

Masking off for plastidip...

IMAG1013.jpg

IMAG1016.jpg

Sprayed

IMAG1014.jpg

IMAG1017.jpg

And then I just fitted some carpet and reinstalled everything on top cleaning up some of the wiring.

IMAG1029.jpg

Amps can cool nicely at shows now too :)

IMAG1031.jpg

IMAG1076.jpg

IMAG1075.jpg

Team NorthWestSPL

I bought these cap bars from bumpin4life on here, I was going to have my own made up slightly different but he was selling his and as it turns out they would work for my build perfectly...after some minor adjustments.

The red lines are where I needed to cut them. Since space is so tight in the back of the truck I needed to separate the caps into a lower bank of 5 and an upper bank of 3.

IMAG1009.jpg

Lol then I guess skip forward a bit and the bars are cut and the lower bank of 5 is assembled!

IMAG1033.jpg

Starting on the top bank

IMAG1034.jpg

And done, all stacked up. By the way, this took 2+ hours just bolting everything together, pain in the ass lol.

IMAG1035.jpg

Team NorthWestSPL

what carpet is that? Looks good

Its one of the unbacked carpets from partsexpress, pretty sure it was only $7 a yard for 54" rolls and yes it is very nice to work and holds up well in lower wear areas.

Team NorthWestSPL

Archived