Sundown Audio

best .5 stable amp for 2000 RMS

yungw33z

Its verry verry hard to find a .5 ohm stable amp for that price range. And even harder to find amp that runs 2000w ant 4 ohms there both pricey..but if you do run 2 amps with each sub running at 1 ohm make sure there strappable or matched perfect or you will damage your subs

Don't know if these are worth a damn but two of these strapped should work for dirt cheap

http://compare.ebay.com/like/270962749296?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I don't get how it's sexy all of a sudden for guys to think daily drivers need .5 ohm setups. Not THAT long ago, a lot of guys thought 1 ohm was low enough resistance to be extreme. To the OP, get two amps that will run 1 ohm to each sub, gain match, call it a day. Don't run .5 ohm without a couple of batts, OFC 1/0 gauge, and HO alternator.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

my headlight never dim my L.E.D lights dont dim nothing at ll and the 4gauge is inside the box and 8gauge from amp to box i was looking at the optidrives any 1 ever delt with them personally if so lmk what ya reviews are about them. also yes i have 2 sa'12 im actually waiting my shipment of 4 more sa'12s and i been on stock electrical with no problems at all

i have 2 2k amps at .5 on 2 150 amp fuses on a stock alt

:twirl:

I predict much electrical smoke in your future

If you have four more SA12s coming in, what do you plan to power all those with?

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

well the 4gauge is actually only used inside the box, im using 8gauge for speaker wire from amp to box and everything else is 2gauge with 250anl fuses battery under hood and in trunk but i was going to run it at 2 ohms but decided to do .5 ohms AND BTW IM POWER 2 SUNDOWN AUDIO SUBS MY SUBS ARE RIGHT ENOUGH lml smh im not the guy who has clarion or audiopipe subs i only do kicker, sundown, dc, or AA sorry no non competition subs go in my car lol how much for the t2500bd amp?

When people say get the right subs, they mean the right impedance. If you want to run a pair of woofers on a 2000w amp, its best to have D4ohm coils.

There is no need to run a dangerous impedance such as 0.5ohms at a low level like 2000w. There are plenty of amplifiers out there that can do even more power at 1ohm and be perfectly safe and clean.

The point of running 0.5 ohms is to get more power where it is not possible by other means. For example, you are running an American Bass 1100.1 with an 18v setup and getting 12,000w out of it. But you need just a bit more to get your score from 159.8 dB to a 160.0 dB. Then you would change coils to lower the impedance.

At a 2000w level you have a better option of just getting a larger amp and not having any issues with blowing amps up and having to shell out money to fix them. OR, getting different coiled subwoofers.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

my headlight never dim my L.E.D lights dont dim nothing at ll and the 4gauge is inside the box and 8gauge from amp to box i was looking at the optidrives any 1 ever delt with them personally if so lmk what ya reviews are about them. also yes i have 2 sa'12 im actually waiting my shipment of 4 more sa'12s and i been on stock electrical with no problems at all

i have 2 2k amps at .5 on 2 150 amp fuses on a stock alt

:twirl:

well the SA subs are not competition subs. your talking about upgrading power so you will have more voltage drop once that happens, plus .5ohm is much less efficient. what size is your amp now?

if you are waiting on 4 more subs, totaling 6, why the hell are you looking for an amp for just two? what will you power the others with? are you just throwing out bull shit now to make us think you are cool? cause you dont need to do that...

you can get a used sundown 1500 in your price range. they will handle .5ohm on good electrical.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

are you thinking that by running at .5 you will get double the power out of it like if you were to drop from 2 to 1 ohm? like thinking you'll get 3k out of it? That is not going to happen. you'll get like 2300 out of it and almost the same amount of current draw as additional wattage.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived