ok guys i recently had some trouble with my old sub box and decided to say to hell with it and re-do the whole thing. going from 12 12"s to soo to be 18 12"s. the old box just wasnt built to handle these kind of subs and it is just hell to work with all around. this time around im going with a power V in the vertical position. 3 rorws of 3 subs vertically on each side so in other words 9 on each side of the box total of 18. they will be running on 2 skar audio sk4500.1's. but the tear out of the old stuff started today and heres what done so far

heres the old set up and what i had to start with

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/80933-team-skar-audio-12-vvx12s-astro-van/

heres the main reason i said to hell with this box. 2 of the subs ripped the screws out of the box and fell out.

0601122134.jpg

first step was taking all the amps and eq's out

0606121706a.jpg

amps all stripped out and ready to de-wire it

0606121715.jpg

more progress

0606121731.jpg

opened the back of the box up to find this shit

0606121752.jpg

0606121755.jpg

1 of the subs got damaged in the process of all that and the surround and dust cap got torn loose. i got a recone coming for it but i may be able to save this 1 with a little glue.

0606121755a.jpg

0606121755b.jpg

more progress to come tomorrow.

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

Holllllllllllllly crap!!! 18 VVX 12's!!! Wooooow, that is nuts dude. What your your plans as far as power and tuning?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

awesome. i watching :)

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

Holllllllllllllly crap!!! 18 VVX 12's!!! Wooooow, that is nuts dude. What your your plans as far as power and tuning?

power is gonna be 2 skar 4500.1's. im sure that will slam the shit out of 18 subs. as for tuning, im not totally 100% sure on that yet. still have to do a final draw up on the box. i only have a rough lay out drawing of it so far.

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

not gonna git much done on it later today. went to leave for work last night and the rear brake line blew out on me. good thing i hadnt left the drive way yet. bitch part about it is the damn thing blew right above the gas tank. so im gonna have to run a new line from some where in front of the tank to back near where the rear end is. no way in hell am i dropping a gas tank out of this bitch to do a brake line to hell with that. after thats all fixed up its back to work on strippin the subs out.

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

Archived