Ever since I first saw this build I was wondering when you would redo the box. I'm tuned in for this.

the box held up pretty good for what it was built for. every1 gave me hell for using the particle board but it never blew apart on me or broke and i tried like hell to make it. but its just too hard to work on when things like subs falling out happens. have to take all the amps and stuff out then the back of the box has to come off to git to the rear subs. i guess them skars combined with lynard skynard was just more than the poor thing could take and the screw holes stripped out.

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

just had a conversation with kevin at skar audio on facebook and welllll the amps this time around will all be skar audio's. i already have the 2 4500's and now i will be gitting 3 of the skar sk85.4's to replace the 3 planet audio amps i had running the mids/highs. :drinks: thanx to kevin for helping out with that and im off here heading to bed now

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

I don't know about how much the 4500's put out, hoping they put out a tad bit more than that. running only those your still ganna be 1.8k short of RMS on 18 VVX's, GET ANOTHER LOL!!!

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

well i didnt git the damn brake line fixed today but i did git the air bags on it. had to cut the tail pipes off cus the were in the way of the right side bag mount. the instructions in the bag kit said install in 2 hours. yeah right my ass. took that long just to drill the holes to mount the upper bag mounts. but any ways theyr on now and theyr definately gonna help with the weight thats going in it soon.

b4 bags left side

0607121510b.jpg

after bags right side

0607121825.jpg

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

ohhhhh shit look what the ups guy dropped off today. 6 skar vvx12's. now my total count is up to 18.

0608121553.jpg

also got the airbags completely done toady and got the brake line fixed. but when i fixed the line where it broke the bastard broke again right where the metal line connects to the rubber hose. and if you ever worked on 1 of those you know you might as well change the whole hose cus the metal lines wont come out when theyr rusted in. that will be tomorrows project. but here the new ride height of the van with bags installed.

sagging ass b4 bag install

HPIM3168.jpg

new ride height with bags partially aired up

0608121815a.jpg

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

Damn bro, 18 - 12's in an Astro..

One word... BAM!

:popcorn:

Man I'm gonna have to make a trip to Dayton one day and check this thing out.

What part of Dayton are you from? I used to live there back in 08-09, had a lot of fun in that town...

I still have friends there, and I need to go visit them one day. Would be cool to maybe meet up?

Anyway, sorry to thread jack, on with the build! :drinks:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Yeah! On with the build fool! We know you don't work! Psh..... ;D

Bags look good. You will need them for sure now that you are going up to HOLY CRAP 18 12"s!!!! hahahaha! Putting that SKAR sticker on the inside of the windshield may not be here nor there- you may have just signed its death warrant (depending on your tune) by just being on the windshield. :D You figured the tuning frequency and all of that jazz yet?

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Yeah! On with the build fool! We know you don't work! Psh..... ;D

Bags look good. You will need them for sure now that you are going up to HOLY CRAP 18 12"s!!!! hahahaha! Putting that SKAR sticker on the inside of the windshield may not be here nor there- you may have just signed its death warrant (depending on your tune) by just being on the windshield. :D You figured the tuning frequency and all of that jazz yet?

25hz would be a good tune....for destroying a car

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Damn bro, 18 - 12's in an Astro..

One word... BAM!

:popcorn:

Man I'm gonna have to make a trip to Dayton one day and check this thing out.

What part of Dayton are you from? I used to live there back in 08-09, had a lot of fun in that town...

I still have friends there, and I need to go visit them one day. Would be cool to maybe meet up?

Anyway, sorry to thread jack, on with the build! :drinks:

im up in huber heights man. just north east of dayton

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

Archived