Yeah! On with the build fool! We know you don't work! Psh..... ;D

Bags look good. You will need them for sure now that you are going up to HOLY CRAP 18 12"s!!!! hahahaha! Putting that SKAR sticker on the inside of the windshield may not be here nor there- you may have just signed its death warrant (depending on your tune) by just being on the windshield. :D You figured the tuning frequency and all of that jazz yet?

not yet man its so damn hot outside right now im either gonna wait till the sun dies a lil bit and cools off or skip today and do work on it this week cus its spose to be cooler. fat boy vampires and sun light dont agree with eat other :lol2: . but i need to git the rear bumper (body kit) put on so i can take it this week and have new tail pipes put on it sticking out the rear. damn exhaust rawrs like hell now since i cut the tail pipes off to make room for the air bags. but as for a tune i jam metal and classic rock so im not lookin to play burps or test tones all the time. so id say on a tune id be looking in the 35hz range. but then again im not one to build to git an exact tune i build them to fit the car and hope the shit works 8P

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

After all of my math on my box, that is pretty much what ended up happening to me too. Just shove that sunk in there, make it fit and let it rip!

At least you have workable weather- despite the sun and wretched heat. I got done just in time as it would seem. It is miserable down here today- we must have gotten well over an inch of rain already.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

got some more supplies today. my new jasper circle jig came today. no way in hell and i cutting 72 holes to mount all my subs with a jig saw screw that. also got 100 foot of audio technix 8 gauge wire for speaker wire for the subs. dont really plan on messing with the build today i got a monster ass head ache right now.

0612121406a.jpg

0612121406.jpg

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

Liking this a lot man.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

ok i lied i did some work today :lol2: i got the new rear bumper and the side skirts put on it today. had to modify the sides a lil bit but theyre on there. they were made for a 95-02 astro and mines a 93. the front fender are different but i made them fit.

0612121912d.jpg

0612121912b.jpg

0612121911b.jpg

0612121911a.jpg

0612121911-1.jpg

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

Lookin' good with the new pipes. That was fast too!

I don't envy you on getting that stuff out of your van. Did you build it in place or will you be able to pull the entire box out? Either way, it is gonna' mean work.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

built it outside and slid it in the back door but it aint comin out that way lol. im gonna introduce it to mr. sawzall. its just to damn heavy to try to man handle out the door to git it out. it took 6 of us to slide in in there to begin with. soooo its gittin chopped the hell up to git it out

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

got all the subs out today and got a better look at the 1 that got messed up. it looks like i can save it with a lil super glue. only thing that got hurt was the surround got torn loose from the cone. besides that all 12 are out now and its ready to be gutted out.

10 sitting here and 8 more hiding in the house.

rebuild2.jpg

rebuild4.jpg

rebuild3.jpg

now you can see how it ripped the screws right threw the mdf

rebuild1.jpg

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

Archived