My dimensions for a simple box is 36 in x 16 in x 16 in. But if i make it a more complicated shape i could push out 40x16x16. I am not just fully pushing for spl, but i do wish to have some sound quality.
If my current setup with the jbl is 33 hz and there is a little shaking, would tuning the RE SX15 lower to about 25 hz be better? there is a video with a single Kyoki (im pretty sure i misspelled it) sub and he has a moderate hairtrick going. im not out to shake houses or anything I even pull my windows up if im at stoplights, I understand i have a small car and limited working area, but what are the best box designs i can push?
the specs seem to be this for the re sx15d2:
- Electrical Q Value (Qes): 0.38
- Mechanical Q Value (Qms): 4.7
- Total Speaker Q Value (Qts): 0.38
- Free Air Resonance (Fs): 27.8 Hz
- Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 126.3 liters
- One-Way, Linear Excursion (Xmax): 22 mm
- Efficiency (SPL 1W/1m): 90.4 dB SPL
- Effective Piston Area (Sd): 810 cm2
- DC Resistance (Re): 1.9 ohm
- Nominal Impedance (Znom): Dual 2 ohm
- Thermal Power Handling (Pe): 1000 W
- Force Factor (Bl): 21