Rockford Fosgate
Welcome to SMD Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RF T1000.1bd amp repair needed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

dcm4588

dcm4588

120db

• Members
  • 36 posts
My amp suddenly stopped amplifying all together. It still is passing audio through, just at no amplified volume. Even with the gain maxed. Any insight as to what could be causing this and who I could send it to to get it repaired?

07 Ram quad cab - Pulled the rear seats DC audio XL 18 m1, PSI reconed dual 1 ohm, triple leads, 4 layer stiff spider

wired up to a 2 ohm load

4th order bandpass

2.5:1 ratio tuned @ 45hz

AP3000.1D Big 3 done in 1/0 Odyssey PC1700 up front Odyssey PC1500 rear Alt in the near future... " In the end, the "what if's" of what could have happened are what hurt the most..."

emperorjj1

emperorjj1

170db

• 18+ All Access!

• 5,020 posts
lol at the description.
J. JPosted ImageMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS Posted Image

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Kranny

Kranny

The Kranny rule

• Members
  • 18,932 posts
only person i'd send it to is RF. they have a complicated technology that MANY well known amp repair guys will refuse to touch

Lol overpriced amp huh. Shows how much you know. I know folks. Dont be mad you run a piece of shit amp. You and all the other dont know bbetters can say man itd awesome its awesome and I got it for 125 bucks. Ive spent more on glue.

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Corolla (Deceased) Outlaw: 141.9 at 45hz

99 Monte Carlo Z34: Stock everything.

2014 Focus ST: Stock 10 speaker Sony system. meh

141 ON MUSICCCCCCCCCCCCC

emperorjj1

emperorjj1

170db

• 18+ All Access!

• 5,020 posts
ya but many well known amp guys suck at life. BUT id agree send it to rf
J. JPosted ImageMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS Posted Image

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Kranny

Kranny

The Kranny rule

• Members
  • 18,932 posts

what? so db-r sucks at life? wtf...

rf amps have mehsa technology. which is this

Posted Image

basically complicated as fuck to fix and is very easy to screw up.

Edited by Kranny, 24 June 2012 - 10:23 PM.

Lol overpriced amp huh. Shows how much you know. I know folks. Dont be mad you run a piece of shit amp. You and all the other dont know bbetters can say man itd awesome its awesome and I got it for 125 bucks. Ive spent more on glue.

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Corolla (Deceased) Outlaw: 141.9 at 45hz

99 Monte Carlo Z34: Stock everything.

2014 Focus ST: Stock 10 speaker Sony system. meh

141 ON MUSICCCCCCCCCCCCC

emperorjj1

emperorjj1

170db

• 18+ All Access!

• 5,020 posts
im aware of what it has in it and how it is to fix. let me ask you thou how many of those amps have u seen fixed or worked on?

meade916

meade916

The SM in SMD

• Admin

• 23,235 posts
call RF. Nobody here can help you.

wc_zps9b224b53.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel!
 http://www.youtube.com/meade916 

The Official SMD Facebook Page
 http://www.facebook....ge/207890963429

Follow my Tweet (Twiiter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

My Instagram
 http://www.instagram.com/meade916

Highest OFFICIAL SPL scores (at shows, on the TermLab)

DBDRAG - 156.5

Usaci - 157.4

Usaci Streetbeat - 155.2

SnowDrifter

SnowDrifter

"Ghetto Crimp" Police

• SMD Gold Member

• 12,534 posts

what? so db-r sucks at life? wtf...

rf amps have mehsa technology. which is this

Posted Image

basically complicated as fuck to fix and is very easy to screw up.

What does that do vs. just a conventional TIM?

6491112f-92a4-4ed8-b80b-69a01c2e2132_zps

Team NWSPL

How to post youtube videos: http://www.stevemead...youtube-videos/
Snow's DD-1 tracks here: http://www.stevemead...ws-dd-1-tracks/
My take on OFC vs CCA: http://www.stevemead...orld/?p=2461444

emperorjj1

emperorjj1

170db

• 18+ All Access!

• 5,020 posts
basically dispenses heat better its better on the fets but more expensive. and yes its harder to repair takes more time and id easier to fuck up but its not really more complicated. but its alot easier to try once or twice and fail then say fuck it VS actually learning how to fix them.

once u get it down to a science its not really that bad and isnt harder then a reg amp

emperorjj1

emperorjj1

170db

• 18+ All Access!

• 5,020 posts

the truth from the man himself

dcm4588

dcm4588

120db

• Members
  • 36 posts
well, I opened it up and found that I have a couple of burnt surface transistors non both channels. Off to Rockford it goes I guess unless someone is brave enough to try....

07 Ram quad cab - Pulled the rear seats DC audio XL 18 m1, PSI reconed dual 1 ohm, triple leads, 4 layer stiff spider

wired up to a 2 ohm load

4th order bandpass

AP3000.1D Big 3 done in 1/0 Odyssey PC1700 up front Odyssey PC1500 rear Alt in the near future... " In the end, the "what if's" of what could have happened are what hurt the most..."

dcm4588

dcm4588

120db

• Members
  • 36 posts
BTW Steve, what about the guy you used to fix your old Punch for the amp challenge?

wired up to a 2 ohm load

4th order bandpass

emperorjj1

emperorjj1

170db

• 18+ All Access!

• 5,020 posts
rf amps have become harder and harder to fix. 01-03 are pretty easy 04-07 including power elite is when peeps stopped reparing them and the 07+ minis are IMO twice as hard to fix.

dcm4588

dcm4588

120db

• Members
  • 36 posts
I just picked up another 1001.bd CHEAP!

One of the mosfets on this amp burnt out (had it tested. plus the mosfet has pulled away from the solder. It's quite obvious.). I'm wondering how hard it would be to just swap over my good mesfets to this unit? Then I'll just have the burnt up remains sent to rockford for an overhaul.

Any insight?

I'm not scared of a soldering iron and I've repaired solder joints on amps/PS3's before. I just dont know if this would work. I guess I could just take a shot in the dark with it?

wired up to a 2 ohm load

4th order bandpass

emperorjj1

emperorjj1

170db

• 18+ All Access!

• 5,020 posts
you could but generally its more then a sigle fet thats "broken" idk if rf would still repair those older amps u may have to go with a different source for repair

Akslowroller

Akslowroller

125db

• Members
  • 149 posts

Not only that but they are quick and it's done right!

dcm4588

dcm4588

120db

• Members
  • 36 posts
fair enough...I might as well get both fixed at the same time and combine the shipping. I'll let you know the outcome I guess.

wired up to a 2 ohm load

4th order bandpass

emperorjj1

emperorjj1

170db

• 18+ All Access!

• 5,020 posts
ya id ask but im 99% sure they no longer repair the 01-03 amps