bagging a chevy c1500 silverado

Ok well, that truck looks like it is body dropped. And another thing I forgot to mention is the later the wheels the more notching, relocating, and cutting your gonna have to do.

May I ask why you don't want to lay frame? I just looke at that kit and it has 3/8" valves which is kinda small IMO. I used 5/8 and I was pretty quick when I had my ranger. I was a lot faster than that truck in the video.

my rims are 22 but might jump to 24, i really dont care to lay frame since its to much work plus dont want to cut up my bed due to a blow through box for bass

My friend's truck ONLY had a small maybe 3"X12" section cut out from the bed for the pumpkin to poke through, and that was IT. It was a super clean look and didnt hack the bed to get the results.

any pics?

Ok well, that truck looks like it is body dropped. And another thing I forgot to mention is the later the wheels the more notching, relocating, and cutting your gonna have to do.

May I ask why you don't want to lay frame? I just looke at that kit and it has 3/8" valves which is kinda small IMO. I used 5/8 and I was pretty quick when I had my ranger. I was a lot faster than that truck in the video.

my rims are 22 but might jump to 24, i really dont care to lay frame since its to much work plus dont want to cut up my bed due to a blow through box for bass

My friend's truck ONLY had a small maybe 3"X12" section cut out from the bed for the pumpkin to poke through, and that was IT. It was a super clean look and didnt hack the bed to get the results.

any pics?

God I wish, it's been.....9-10 years ago? I wish I'd been better about taking pics through those years when I was really into the scene. The guy that did the work on the truck had some of the cleanest metal fab I'd EVER seen too. Imma try seeing if he can email me any pics if he has any.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

God I wish, it's been.....9-10 years ago? I wish I'd been better about taking pics through those years when I was really into the scene. The guy that did the work on the truck had some of the cleanest metal fab I'd EVER seen too. Imma try seeing if he can email me any pics if he has any.

I know exactly what you mean, back when I had my ranger, I was horrible about taking pictures. It was about 8-9 years ago and I really wish I had more pictures of it. I think I only have 2 or 3 pictures left of it.

i would not go with that kit imo be best to talk to a shop and get a kit from them since they do it more just tell em what you want to do and they can hook you up.

metal worx in NC you can call them real good people to talk to and they can build a kit like that one but better for a good price as well.

for up front you can notch it for the tie rods or you can get custom ones few places sell em so you dont have to.

http://www.facebook.com/MetalWorxInc

thats there facebook page has the number and all on it so give em a ring.

i will give them a call

Ahhh gotcha, well IMO that kit you linked is kinda pricey. As stated above, talk to a shop and see what you need so you aren't wasting money doing it over and over again. And a good reputable shop will make sure the work is done right as well.

any pics?

thanks

Ahhh gotcha, well IMO that kit you linked is kinda pricey. As stated above, talk to a shop and see what you need so you aren't wasting money doing it over and over again. And a good reputable shop will make sure the work is done right as well.

thanks now i wont be buying them

here is the pic of my frame, had it brake on me because whoever did it did a fucked up job

dsc00483ni.jpg

dsc00484er.jpg

The guys that KNOW what they are doing, create a Super C and don't just take the steel out, they literally box in a NEW C that goes above the frame. Obviously a hole in the bed would have to be cut in those cases, but that pic^^^ is LEGIT unsafe the way it was welded.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

here is the pic of my frame, had it brake on me because whoever did it did a fucked up job

dsc00483ni.jpg

dsc00484er.jpg

The guys that KNOW what they are doing, create a Super C and don't just take the steel out, they literally box in a NEW C that goes above the frame. Obviously a hole in the bed would have to be cut in those cases, but that pic^^^ is LEGIT unsafe the way it was welded.

i know but the truck was falling apart so i pulled in a muffler shop and had them do a quick weld. im still not inclined on cutting my bed up though. i dont want too much of a drop

Wow yea that notch is very unsafe...if you don't want to cut the bed out then I would weld peices back into the frame to make it stock again and then just lower it to the frame.

Archived