Argument: Fosgate 1/0 vs. Knukonceptz Kollosus

i think you got a steal of a deal , i paid $240 for the big rf 0 gauge dual amp kit , but it did come with patch cords and speaker wire and terminals . i am fairly confident that rf's wires are excellent quality . the fact that running rf's wireing buys you another year of warranty on their amp should mean something ?

Thats cool bro.... very cool.. have you been happy with the results?

Yeah the warranty is if it is installed by a RF AD. But, both my amps are SONIC covered....no worries..

My junk,....

And after using the RF TWISTED sig cables....... I will not ever be using anything different....... (thanks again TONY!!! )

rfgear006.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think you got a steal of a deal , i paid $240 for the big rf 0 gauge dual amp kit , but it did come with patch cords and speaker wire and terminals . i am fairly confident that rf's wires are excellent quality . the fact that running rf's wireing buys you another year of warranty on their amp should mean something ?

yeah, rockford wouldnt give you an extra year to toast your amp just for buying their wire if they didnt know it would handle the power.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

yeah, rockford wouldnt give you an extra year to toast your amp just for buying their wire if they didnt know it would handle the power.

Actually bro,.. if you purchase and use one of their kits, along with one of thier amps, and it is bought, and installed by a RF autherized dealer, they do in fact tack on another 12 months...... hang on and ill grab one of my manuals,... its on the back i believe.... (but, i dont use anyone to install,...)

if you buy both the rockford amp and wire kit in the same purchase you get an extra year of warrenty to toast the amp. doesnt even have to be installed by an authorized dealer/installer for the extra warrenty i think... or atleast the shop i go to knows me good enough to know that it is done right ( from past exp at the shop, i wouldnt get anything installed there anyways lol )

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

2500bdcp on the left, and 1000.4ad on the right,...

IMG_0663.jpg

can you see by my point?

IMG_0664.jpg

extra YEAR of "well handle that" with a RF kit, and intsalled but a RF AD.

again,... id does me no good, as i slapped em in. But, i do have sonic's backing....... :drink40:

AT the OP,... sorry for this thread going no where,... but, i am now interested.

Can i ask HOW MUCH CHEAPER was the KNU?.... basically if you can tell me, what was the bottom line?..... the savings vs the ability seem good to me on my next purchase

Thats cool bro.... very cool.. have you been happy with the results?

Yeah the warranty is if it is installed by a RF AD. But, both my amps are SONIC covered....no worries..

My junk,....

And after using the RF TWISTED sig cables....... I will not ever be using anything different....... (thanks again TONY!!! )

ya know the funny thing is that up until today i was running a 4 channel amp off that big 0 gauge . finally got my subs in today and for haveing a mono block ratde 1000 watt rms @ 1ohm i have minimal voltage drop or dimming of the headlights . up until this build i have ran only 4 gauge . not sure if the 0 is helping or what , runnign 4 gauge with an alpine mrp-m500 would sure dim headlights baaadddddd

KyLar96, my sister's name is Tia, and everytime you post I see that and it throws me off for a second.

Also, our shop is a certified Rockford Fosgate dealer. The purchase of a brand new amplifier entails a two-year warranty. If you purchase the kits through the dealer as well and have us install it, it adds another year onto the warranty for three years in total.

And, that 51ft spool of 1/0 is the real deal. They only manufacture one line of wire and that is it. I get accommodation pricing (sponsor pricing) through the shop and you just raped the pricing that I get.

I can purchase a spool of Rockford Fosgate 1/0 for less than the average consumer pays for a 50 foot spool of Knukonceptz. I forget their base price but it is well cheaper than said average consumer would pay for Rockford, which is another reason for it's popularity.

Basically the argument arose when my boss claimed that Rockford has the highest strand count out of ANY OFC 1/0 on the market. I rebutted with Knukonceptz Kollosus Flex which has a higher strand count. When I brought in a sample he immediately dismissed it as it was tinned.

I want to know why it being tinned still allows it to lose zero credibility in the car audio world.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

both are great choices for wire. most likely wont notice a difference. i personally like Knu. the next guy like RF. both are great. dispute settled.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Lol, dispute not settled. I personally believe both cables are GREAT!

I would just like to know, why the Knukonceptz, should still be considered, in my boss's eyes, an equal, if not better, wire choice, that the Rockford Fosgate 1/0.

Knukonceptz has a higher strand count. Knukonceptz is more affordable. Knukonceptz is tinned.

Rockford Fosgate is pure copper.

What advantage does being tinned have, other than when you are driving through a salt-water lake your wire will not corrode as easily. Rockford Fosgate is rated as marine-grade, so why purchase Knukonceptz over Rockford? If I could pay the same price for both, why not choose Knukonceptz?

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Archived