Second Skin Audio

american bass xfl 15's

kfx400kid

Ok so i'm trying to build a box for my two american bass xfl 15's and the space i have to work with is 39wx19hx24d. i have a vfl150.1 to power them and a kinetik 2400 with 0g front to back. i have tried two boxes already and not happy with them. My last box was 20hx39wx24d and the port was 18.5hx5.25wx22.75d. Sounded good but it was to low and not very loud so i took 5" off the port length and was alot louder. With the first port i hit a 144.0 and didn't get to try the new port as i fried a coil playing to low of a song.... oppppssss... So i'm going to try this box dim of 19Hx39wx24d and the port is 17.5hx4wx16d and with torres calculator gives me a tunning of 32.29. The subs are going to be facing up and the port to the rear facing the hatch.. If someone with experience with xfl's could help would me appreciated.. Thanks

$t3v!3 G.......

I did and i had 97.13in2 of port area, and it was in the port area range of 97.13in2 with # of common walls being two. It was a port in the middle of the back of the box. I think it was to much port area as it really didn't move much air, but it was deep as hell with the port at 18.5hx5.25wx22d. thanks for the reply Kranny...........

$t3v!3 G.......

Archived