Rockford Fosgate
Welcome to SMD Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Infrasonic filter Switch?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

gumedina83

gumedina83

• Members
  • 56 posts
i have a T500-1bdcp and i was wondering if i should turn the infrasonic filter on or leave it off my box is tuned to 35hz. i

Skullz

Skullz

170db

• Members

• 4,661 posts
If you have then use it, no fun bottoming a sub out cause you didn't bother to use the SSF built into the amp.
Set it just below your box tuning.

(1) Pioneer DEH P8300UB
(1) JBL P660C
(1) Audio Q AQ-200.2
(1) Alpine mrp m500

(2) RF P2 10's

Tarball

Tarball

150db

• Members

• 1,767 posts
i would normally leave the filter off for a sealed box and for a ported you want it on and set just under tuning frequency.

With that particular amp you IF is hard set at 28hz. You may still get some unloading under tuning depending on the environment (and other variable factors).

Leave it on either way. If you get unloading adjust your volume or listening content.

Edited by Tarball, 01 September 2012 - 06:50 AM.

1998 Chevy S10 ext cab 2.2l L4

Fiberglass bedcover(ARE)

18" Chrome Rims

Current System: Soundstream components in the dash and doors. AVIC-F90BT DC 5.0k

2 RE MTs    8.4cubes @ 35hz - brutal down to the mid/high  20s

Kicker zx 650.4

Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.5v (ish) Cut-Through

2 XS D1400s

Project DB BusBar

KNU Kolossus Fleks  throughout

**Cracked windshield**

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

I guess you didn't read the rules of no bare boxes for SOTM. 

I thought bare box ment that it didn't have the subs loaded into it...lol oohh well

rockFord_Expedition

rockFord_Expedition

150db

• Members

• 1,820 posts

i would normally leave the filter off for a sealed box and for a ported you want it on and set just under tuning frequency.

With that particular amp you IF is hard set at 28hz. You may still get some unloading under tuning depending on the environment (and other variable factors).

Leave it on either way. If you get unloading adjust your volume or listening content.

Short answer is ^ X2. Too bad it's either on or off and not adjustable, but with it being set @28hz it is fine for most applications.

What is your box tuned to? Are you using it for music only? I would say as long as you are tuned to 30hz or higher, and you are just using it for music then yes, leave it on.

Edit: just noticed you said tuned to 35hz

Edited by FunkyExpedition, 01 September 2012 - 06:16 PM.

Formerly Known as FunkyExpedition

gumedina83

gumedina83

• Members
  • 56 posts
i use it for music mainly ill just turn it on and yeah i wish it was adjustable thanks for the help guys